cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adulting Woes

This is an entirely self-indulgent thread because it's hard. Also this isn't just for me so feel free to share your own stories and whatever Smiley Happy

My adulting woes come from the fact that I am my own boss basically. I work as a tutor, which is great, except I also train martial arts and now university (which is basically during school hours anyway so we can pretend it doesn't exist) but basically trying to manage my students is tough. Especially when (like now) it gets messy. Short story: one of my students, who I moved to a wednesday but am missing today because of lateness has said let's do it next tuesday upon my suggestion about saturday catch up. Problem being that I have another student on tuesdays, then ju jitsu but my other student is in the opposite direction D: Why couldn't they of just said next Wednesday not next tuesday! *cries* 

(okay just sent a reply basically saying wednesday not tuesday so fingers crossed! I hate adulting Smiley Tongue) also crisis averted because they meant wednesday Smiley Tongue

Introduce yourself here with a range of fun and random questions!

Re: Adulting Woes

My adulting woes. Having to quit all my social groups because they clash with uni.
Also uni. How the fuck do I do it.
=============================
No matter what it is we've faced
It's now part of us
No matter what we've faced in this life
We can overcome
-As I Lay Dying

Uni can be so messy at times @redhead, I end up missing two lectures because of other commitments. It was my first week and I've been so unprepared and unfocused, oops? Smiley Tongue
It does get better though, once a routine is set Smiley Happy Hopefully things get better next week for uni.

Adulting can be really tough @N1ghtW1ng and I'm so glad you made this post because it is sooooo very relatable!

My latest adulting woes are that I've signed a contract for a volunteer position except I think I need to leave because my mental health isn't great. But I don't know what the consequences are for breaching the contract. Other than that they'll all gossip about me by name... 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Haha thanks @letitgo Smiley Happy

Hopefully things get all sorted out for you Smiley Happy Dealing with contracts is so tough.

Go you for being your own boss @N1ghtW1ng!
That's really impressive.
Adulting is so hard sometimes, I completely relate Smiley Sad
We will all power on! Go us haha!
Highlighted

Being an adult sucks sometimes!

Being and adult and having work pressures/stresses is just as much sucky sometimes.

Yesterday, I paid 5 different bills all due in the next week. Smiley Sad

@Hopefullyhopeful it can be sucky for sure. Good job on paying the bills a week early! Smiley Happy

Thank you @N1ghtW1ng! I spoke to the organisation and explained my situation, and they wished me well and said it was okay for me to leave my position. And I figure, even if they do talk about me behind my back, that's a reflection of them, not of me Smiley Happy

How are you doing?

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Awesome @letitgo! Smiley Very Happy

So I have successfully changed the date of tutoring so that I can go away next week so yay. I haven't asked my dad for a lift to the airport yet but one step at a time Smiley Tongue
Socially, I'm still failing but whatever. At the moment, I just need to finish a kata and an online course (which I need to remind my instructor about, because I can't find it myself) but woo yeah. Smiley Tongue

Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here and click "start a topic"

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 206 guests
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors