cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adulting : medical care

Hi Reachout ,

I get sick alot in Melbourne like flu and physical and mental fatigue a lot in Melbourne. 

Mum and dad aren't here to take me to hospital.

Going to a hospital or seeing professional is anxious enough and it's stressful using PT in Melbourne.

What do I do if I ever just feel horrid or just want some professional advice for dietary adjustment ? 

Who do I call first and what can be my action plan ? 

Re: Adulting : medical care

Hi @BunnyWalks

You could try calling Nurse on Call. This is a description from the Better Health Chanel website:

NURSE-ON-CALL is a telephone helpline that provides immediate expert health advice from a registered nurse, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact 1300 60 60 24 for health information and advice. NURSE-ON- CALL can also give you information about health services in your area

Is this the sort of information that you were looking for? It could be a starting point?

nurse on call is good or another is health direct which by the sounds of it is very simialar @BunnyWalks
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

I was not aware of that service. Do they do both physical and mental diagnosis or otherwise ?

@dncinginthedirt

am I able to get a medical certificates for extension or other documents ?

I remember I got hit by a car while on my bike and I was in state of shock for about 3 weeks. Luckily I was just aching.

And I thought calling 000 was crying wolf.

I don't think my friends would respond in a helpful manner if I had call them initially.

I was sorting out legal advice instead of seeing a medical professional.

Otherwise I did catch a flu , felt horrible after drinking too much, or fatigued from dancing too hard and long.

To meet a GP I looking minimum 2 weeks in advance during my weekend. It takes like 10 minutes to book them online.

Please enlighten me @dncinginthedirt.

>From my understanding, only a doctor or psychologist can give you an official diagnosis of something. I think a service like Nurse on Call can talk with you about what symptoms you are experiencing and provide some immediate advice on how to proceed.

13 Sick is another service where you call 13 7425 and they arrange a GP home visit. I have used this service myself and a GP will usually be able to see within 4 hours of making the call. They can give you perscriptions and I'm pretty sure medical certificates too

Get Outlook for Android

@BunnyWalks From my understanding, only a doctor or psychologist can give you an official diagnosis of something. I think a service like Nurse on Call can talk with you about what symptoms you are experiencing and provide some immediate advice on how to proceed

13 Sick is another service where you call 13 7425 and they arrange a GP home visit. I have used this service myself and a GP will usually be able to see within 4 hours of making the call. They can give you perscriptions and I'm pretty sure medical certificates too

Are nurse on call and 13 sick available based on my insurance ?

What should I ask my provider ?

@dncinginthedirt

I'm sorry but I don't know Smiley Sad

Get Outlook for Android

Link ?

@dncinginthedirt

I appreciate you being honest.♥️

Hi @BunnyWalks, thank you for your post. It's good to know what resources are out there; @dncinginthedirt and @scared01 have linked some great services for you to check out. Smiley Happy Unfortunately we are unable to give legal or medical advice here on RO, however I hope that you find a service which is suitable to your needs and current circumstances.