cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anxiety about scary rides!

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone gets anxiety when they think about going on rides you consider to be scary. 

I went to Universal Studios today and I felt a bit guilty and sad because my boyfriend had to go on some rides by himself when I was too scared to go on. He was so supportive and said he didn't want to force me because he understands but I still felt a bit bad because we couldn't experience it together. 

Smiley Sad 

Re: Anxiety about scary rides!

@missep Totally!!

I have a massive acrophobia (heights) so that probably contributes a lot to why I don't like rides, I completely freak out & get into a panic. Even the ones that are on the ground & just going super fast I refuse to go on! You're boyfriend handled that great & by the sounds of it he didn't mind at all! If you're still at Universal (OMG I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO GO THERE) you could check at some rides more your speed that you could go on with him!  Hope this helped!

hi @missep
oh my gosh i am s**t scared of those sorts of rides! i get anxious even thinking about them! your definently not alone. maybe you could organise another day to do something together...
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

I think it's fantastic that your boyfriend was so supportive of you @missep! Smiley Happy I am someone who hates rides completely, well most rides at least. (rollercoasters are the worst) It can suck to not be able to experience them together but there's so much fun stuff to do at theme parks, or anywhere really, that it's okay to miss the rides Smiley Happy

I hope you had fun!! I'm definitely jealous Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@missep I can definitely relate! So you're not alone at all Smiley Happy I used to feel the same going to theme parks with people who love those big, scary rides, however now I'll just do my own thing for a bit (usually eat some sort of giant, sugary food haha), and let them tell me about their experience after. It's actually really nice seeing how excited they get about it! Your boyfriend sounds super lovely and understanding, and there are definitely more things you guys can enjoy together at theme parks. I hope you had a fun time still! Smiley Very Happy

Hi @annabethxchase !
It definitely helps! I went on the rides I was comfortable with and it was a lot of fun Smiley Happy He was happy we could go on some rides together. It's good that you know yourself and know which rides you are comfortable with! If I haven't been on a ride before I get a bit nervous! It's something I will work on Smiley Happy

Hi @scared01 !
I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Me too, I get anxious thinking about it. We worked it all out thank goodness, I have to stick by what I'm comfortable with and I'm really happy he was okay with that too!

Thank you @N1ghtW1ng ! I'm very lucky to have him and that he understands because otherwise I would get so anxious. I had lots of fun at the end! And like you said, there are many things to do at theme parks like going to eat and shop around! Thank goodness it all worked out Smiley Happy

Thank you @Amy9 !
I totally agree! I completely don't mind waiting, like I'll have my music or book with me and I get really happy to see how excited they are after. Aw yup he's super sweet! I had lots of fun Smiley Happy And I've started to push myself a bit more to try things a little out of my comfort zone but I still know what my limit is as to what's too scary!
Thank you for the support Heart

thats awesome to hear @missep sounds like a wonderful relationship you have with each other
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**