cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Anxiety

@That_Beef96 Hm, definitely something good to ponder on. I still struggle with not caring what other people think, I just think its good to ask yourself, if not everyone likes me does that make me less of a person? 

It's good you don't feel any pressure to have to disclose everything to your dad. Why do you say your mum is the obstacle? 

Honestly, I didn't even really need to tell my mum. She's bisexual herself and we grew up always extremely open about sexuality in general so I think one day I was just like 'I think I want to explore with women' and she was like 'okay, let me know how it goes'. My dad wasn't really ever in my life growing up so I'm very lucky to have a really close and open relationship with my mum. I think it's best to just stay open with it and when you feel ready to just share (if you ever want to) how you feel. You never know how they are going to react and for all you know it could be completely fine with both of them. 

Highlighted

Hello @That_Beef96 and @letsheal, the thoughts that have been considered here are really great. It can be really hard to make everyone happy, especially when people have different views. I think that is when it is particularly important to focus on what makes you happy, because our views/needs are important too! It is a shame to hear that you feel as though your mum is an obstacle for you, I hope you are able to receive some support from your other family members Heart
Highlighted

Look, I understand you're going through a little harder time, we're all going through the pandemic now. Try to consult a psychologist! He will help you! At the same time, try to take different dietary supplements to get through this period more easily. Food supplements contain vitamins and substances that accelerate the rise of happiness hormones so it will be much easier for you to win this fight against anxiety.
Good health contains good food. By the way, try kratom mate supplements.

Highlighted

@letsheal thankyou so much for this post Heart as someone with generalized anxiety disorder your message really means a lot

Highlighted

This post is so thoughtful. I found when i dealt with anxiety, i kept thinking that i was crazy and all alone but whenever someone validated my feelings, it made me feel heard. I remember when i had to get a needle, my anxiety was so high it probably went beyond touching the sky Smiley LOL some people around me kept saying 'just get over it' but one nurse told me that i was okay, and that having phobia's doesn't make me weak, which made me feel so much better.

Posts like these really warm my heart in the sense that people are there for eachother, and despite not having the answer for everything, that they are always there to listen Heart

Highlighted

Someone validating feelings makes such a huge difference hey @sunnygirl606 ! Thank you for sharing that story, a lot of people in my life have a needle phobia - I don't get why people would say "just get over it" ... I can't imagine it's ever helped anyone! Phobias and anxiety definitely don't make us weak, I'm so glad that nurse said that to you and it made you feel better. 

And so true about people listening and being there for each other Heart