cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else got weird dizziness?

Hi!  I'm having these weird dizzy spells where I'll stand up, move around, or literally just be doing something random when I feel suddenly really dizzy and I'll need to steady myself on something...  I don't know what it is, and I've had it for quite some time now, but it's gotten worse in the last week or two... any ideas as to what it is?  Because it's confusing and really annoying to have to stop every minute or so to lean up on a wall or chair to stop myself falling over!  Much appreciated!!  

- "It gets tiresome being spoken to as if you are a child, even if you happen to be one."                            - Patrick Rothfuss

Re: Anyone else got weird dizziness?

@Ani_Faeth yep, but I have no idea what's causing it..

I can't give medical advice, but I'd definitely suggest seeing your gp if you haven't already.

Anonymous

@Ani_Faeth Yep I get that sometimes! It's no fun. For me it's sometimes been due to low iron, sometimes due to low blood pressure. There's other things that might cause it too though

I second @Tiny_leaf's suggestion of seeing a GP

Hi @Anonymous @Tiny_leaf !

Thanks for the suggestions!  My family has a trait of both low iron and low blood pressure, so it's probably that...  Thanks for the suggestions!!  Much appreciated! 

Anonymous

No worries @Ani_Faeth! I hope you can find some relief for it

@Ani_Faeth Hey, sorry to hear you've been getting dizzy spells suddenly! Have you been drinking enough water and eating enough lately? You should pop into your GP sometime soon to get checked out. Might not be anything serious at all but if it's enough to worry you, it's a valid reason to get medical advice!

Hi @Ani_Faeth!

I'm sorry you've been experiencing dizzy spells. They don't sound nice at all. Smiley Sad
I also get dizzy episodes, but I have a history of low blood pressure and low iron stores. I had a review of my iron stores last week and will be talking to my GP about it this week because some things have come up in my test results.
Something that has personally helped me is reflecting on or logging the symptoms. For example, is it more of a lightheaded/faint feeling or a vertigo (spinning) feeling? What was I doing when they happened? Where was I when they happened? What was the temperature like? How am I feeling health-wise? Did the dizziness make me faint or fall to the floor? Did I get warning signs beforehand? What made it better or worse? What has been going on in my life at the moment?
I've found that my episodes tend to be triggered by things like heat, having surgery, fasting, standing up for too long, the sight of blood, feeling or being unwell, eating or being breathless.
It could be helpful to write about what happens during the episodes so that you can discuss it with a health professional.
I hope you feel better soon. Heart

Hi @Anonymous @peppermintpeony @WheresMySquishy !  

Thanks so much for the suggestions!  Yeah @WheresMySquishy , I usually feel really lightheaded and dizzy, and often see dull spots swim before my eyes for a couple seconds?  There's nothing other than low blood pressure or an iron deficiency that I can think of that's causing it, everything's pretty normal (other than going back to school (: )  I'm not sure if I have low blood pressure or an iron deficiency, but it would make sense, they run in my family.  I don't feel faint at the sight of blood, and I've never had surgery or fasted for any unusual reason.  I usually feel better after eating something sweet, like a piece of fruit or a lolly, so it's probably just low blood sugar or something, that also runs in the family (boy, a lot of things run in my family!)  Thanks so much, it really helps!!!

@Ani_Faeth  That doesn't sound good at all. Smiley Sad I hope it's nothing serious.
 I'm glad that eating something sweet helps you! Smiley Happy Something that helps me when I feel as though I'm about to faint is lying down with my legs elevated. I've found that reclining and lying down in general help with my dizziness.

@WheresMySquishy  oh cool!  I'll have to try elevating my legs!  Thanks so much for the suggestion!