cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention Seeking

Hello, I am an attention seeker and i always love to be the centre of attention especially at home with my family. I don't like this trait about me and i want to find a way to stop myself from wanting attention from every person. if anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate it. Thanks. x

Re: Attention Seeking

Hey @PpSADeGo! Welcome to ReachOut.

First off, I just want to say that there isn't anything wrong with wanting a bit of attention. Humans are social beings and it is in our nature to crave love and attention. It is great that you are aware of yourself because the first step to changing a behaviour is acknowledging its existence. Why do you love to be the centre of attention or feel that you need to seek attention? Sometimes understanding why we feel things is an important step to overcoming our issues.

In the meantime, why not try practicing some self love? Remember that you are strong and awesome and you don't need to be the centre of attention to prove that. xx

Hello, thanks for the reply.
Do you have any tips for practicing self - love?
Highlighted

Sure plenty!

Self love comes from accepting who you are and then being proud and confident with yourself.

I'll just leave some dot point suggestions. see what works for you Smiley Happy

• try not to criticise yourself, especially for aspects of your life you cannot control
  • keep a journal - a good thing could be noting down each day 3 things you like about yourself
  • spend time with people who boost your self esteem
  • indulge in your favourite foods
  • do things that make you laugh and smile eg. watching funny videos
  • relax your body - get a massage or take a bath
  • make yourself feel beautiful - wear your favourite outfit, do your hair and makeup if you like
  • make time for gratitude reflection
  • take a break from technology - read a book, go for a walk

hope it helps Heart