Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Awkward Moments

hahaha

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

The other day I met someone with the same name as me and I said 'OMG we have the same name?? What's yours?'

*facepalm*

Highlighted

So many awkward moments at work!

I am constantly saying "hi, how are you?" and most people answer "hi, good thanks" but then someone will say like "good thanks how are you?" and it catches me off and im like hi.... Smiley Happy good

Or when people say thanks i tend to say no worries alot so other day i said "hi how are you?" and they said "good" and i said "no worries" and halfway through realised and kinda made it really quiet as iwas turning around so it seemed like iwas just like "thats gooooood"*smiles** or something hahaha

The other day at work I also said hi how are you to the same person twice.. i didnt realise and she was a shy lady who i dont think spoke much english but she was like hehe...?

Oh also, at work i was taking the bins down to the dumpster in the loading dock and a lady waiting for the elevator only had a small bag so i offered to take it to save her the trip as i was going there anyway with the rubbish. she was really appreciative and then after on my way back to work i saw her walking towards me with abig smile on her face so i smiled and was expecting her to say hi as in like *oh hey again we just saw eachother i remember* but she said "thanks!" and i was like "hi!"

I hope the happy tone and big smile i gave her masked the hi and made it just sound like the appropriate response haha .. oh well!

so the cops were doing random breath testing and I didn't have my license on me - copped a fine, thought it was all good... Nope, when I went back the same way they caught me without a back P plate (it fell off), 2 fines by the same policeman in about 15 minutes...
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

It's not mine, but today in class we were all seated and then the door opens and a kid walks in with his back to the class. He closes the door, turns around and has a look of shock on his face as he realises it's the wrong class and leaves again. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@N1ghtW1ng hahah I did that a couple of times back in high school, even worse when it was an intimidating class of year 12s!
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Awkies: talking to someone with headphones on only to realise I've basically been shouting at them

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

So I work with a variety of disadvantaged young people from around the ages of 10 - 19. A few weeks ago I took one of the 17 year old clients to the hospital as they were having day surgery. The kid happened to look older then me because they were super tall so when the Doctor called him into the office he was like "Oh, this must be your girlfriend! Or are you his wife?". I don't know who was more mortified - my client or me!

Then a few weeks later I got mistaken for one of the younger clients siblings as well ):

I once tested out those toy guns that give the person using it a zap. I pulled the trigger about three or four times until I realised what it was doing....

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Mum's currently making dinner/dessert.
Her: "do you think we need garlic in this?"
Me: "in the pudding?!"
Her: "no, the mince..."

Oops. Garlic and chocolate flavoured pudding - not sure I wanna try that flavour.