cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Awkward Moments

Showing up to work and then realising its trade school day!!
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

and it's not trade school day!! I thought it was Friday, what a messy morning

Me too! I totes thought today was Friday!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

That awkward moment when your phone isn't on silent/vibrate in a really quiet place (like a religious ceremony) and it rings...and once it does you realise you forgot to change your ringtone to something more mature than 'The Final Countdown'.

Cue all of my friends and cousins snickering at me + my mum giving me the death glare D:

Hahahaha oh wow @safari93

mine went off at a funeral once "Siri not available please connect to the Internet" :/

Highlighted

So I haven't worked in customer service since my uni days (which feels like a lifetime ago now!) And while at uni I did work for a while in a cinema. 

So yesterday I had to help out a friend in a customer service role and was clearly overly keen and told the first person I served "enjoy your movie".... met with a blank stare and an awkward half wave half cringe on my behalf haha!

Aaaannd my second awkward moment (this is from a few months ago but a real corker)...

So last year I really got back into fitness and was doing one of my first big runs (14km) in a fun run with my sister that was a darkness into light run meaning you run at the crack of dawn as the sun rises. Anyway I finished the run and was so pumped I clearly wasn't thinking and didn't lock the door properly on the portaloo! My sister was waiting for me outside the loo but failed to notify the poor woman who opened the door to me sitting there with my headphones on (cranking Rob Bailey obviously). And to embarasses myself further all I did was wave (why?!) and say "Oh... HEY!".

@mimbochi

They are both pretty good ones!!
When I worked in customer service as my first job I used to always accidentally ask people if they wanted a bag instead of saying have a nice day or see you next time haha

This arvo my bus driver said "Good morning" to me when I got on the bus. I was gonna play it off like I didn't notice (I had headphones in so thought it gave him a good way out), but then he corrected himself like "Aaand it's not morning! Good afternoon!" By this time I was halfway up the length of the bus haha.

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

hahahaha @mimbochi that second one is gold!!  I think that's exactly how you should respond too

Ian british queen elizabeth waving

My housemate just walked in on me talking to myself and getting ridiculously excited over a free wall calander