cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Awkward Moments

when you pretend to hear/understand what a person says and then they ask "is that a yes or no?" errr

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 the woooooorst! 

Me: *stands in front of automatic door* "what the? Why isn't this opening?* I stood there for ages looking like an idiot, I was about to tell one of the workers when realised there are gigantic signs saying DO NOT EXIT and you have to go to a different door.

Also

When you go into a shop to buy an expensive item (I'm looking at new laptops) and the sales person won't stop talking and all you want to do is tell them you only want to buy a cheap one yet they still continue and try and convince you that buying the most expensive one is a good idea, and you can't get a word in, they just keep going and going.

So awkward, this afternoon I was driving to the shops and I started turning right when I realised I was supposed to be turning left, so I decided I would fix the situation but just turning around in the middle of the intersection, and then I was like stuck, because I was facing the wrong side of the road, I had no choice to but to do like a 300 point turn in the middle of the intersection, while these cars were just waiting for me to fix my complete stuff. I don't know what was going through my head when I thought that was a good idea.

I nearly caused an accident when I was driving to work this morning and looking back it's awkward because i was sooo adamant it was the other guys fault I even wound down the window and blasted him and it actually was completley my fault 100% hahaha

@j95 happens to everyone. Smiley Tongue

Wow it's been a while since I've been here! Can't believe I created this trend two years ago! Wow time flies! Smiley Wink

Here's my recent Awkward moments;

• I blocked a girl on google plus because I realised she is a bit weird, like stalkerish and too willing to talk to me. I felt bad so I unblocked her and her message came up saying "Why did you block me?" and I was like...... I didn't know she would know I blocked her! I thought you can't see if someone blocked you.... OOOOPPPPS awkward.... I honestly didn't know what to reply her....
  • My university called and the man/guy who called asked "How are you?" and I said "Good" awkwardly and didn't know what else to say... 
  • I always do this; I just randomly look at people and the people I look at look at me back and keeps on staring and I was just forced to look away.... weird.... Shouldn't do that again LOOOL

Hey @Doni99 nice to see you again! I totally feel you on the last one! Sometimes they'll be in my casual line of sight and I'll keep accidentally focusing on someone and they'll catch me staring.
Highlighted

Hiya @Doni99, welcome back!

I don't know whether this has been said before since it's pretty common but pushing a door that says pull Smiley LOL. I don't even know whether you can pass it off as having done it on purpose...

Edit: Lol. It has been said multiple times! Guess it's such a common problem!

There's also that one time when I pressed a button on the lift door to go up while actually intending to go down. The elevator comes up and I walk in but I end up having a small mind blank and not knowing why everyone wasn't getting in. It wasn't until the doors closed that I realized that the lift was going up instead of down. I just got off on the floor above and took the stairs all the way back down to save myself the embarrassment Smiley Sad

Also those swivelling automated doors that only fit one person in each section. If there's huge amounts of people, you end up awkwardly standing there waiting for the next free spot so you can go in...