cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Awkward lesbian time

I don't know what to do, I feel so awkward and anxioud. Today I went out with a guy that I like as a friend, and he asked me if I'd be ok with holding hands, and i was like haha no, but then later he told me he liked me, and I just kind of laughed it off?? I don't think he knows but like I feel no attraction towards him because I'm a major lesbian, but like I can't keep hanging out with him without making it clear that I don't like him like that. What do, should I just write 'I'm gay' on my forehead next time i see him. Ugh why do I have to be such an awkward socially anxious aspie.

Highlighted

Re: Awkward lesbian time

@Blurryphaced I personally love the "I'm gay" idea Smiley Tongue 

You could try starting by saying something along the lines of "I actually have a crush on someone else, she's in my math class." or some other thing showing that you feel attractions to girls. Hopefully that'll sort of hint to him that you're not exactly straight, but avoid an extremely awkward coming out moment..

Idk how much of what I just said makes sense though sorry...

Highlighted

Hi @Blurryphaced 

Sorry to hear you are feeling so anxious, as a member of the queer community I can totally relate to that situation. You are right it always feels so awkward in those situations. It sounds like you were trying to respect their feelings which is really kind of you. If you have made it pretty clear that you are not interested and he keeps persisting, you might need to take a step back because it sounds like he could be not respecting your feelings. I am sure there are others here that might have some have had similar experiences Heart

Highlighted

@Blurryphaced I definitely agree with @Claire-RO about taking a step back if he is not respecting your feelings. Although it is an awkward conversation, it sounds like you need to set a clear boundary with your friend. You could say something like 'I really enjoy your company but I do not want to pursue this romantically'. Setting boundaries is very important for both yourself and your friend so he knows where he stands with you. Do you think this is something you could try?

Talk soon xx

Highlighted

@lennycat2017 @Claire-RO @Tiny_leaf Thank you so much for all your advice. I talked to him again to make it crystal clear that I only enjoy his company as a friend, and I'm pretty sure he accepted that. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens next. 

Highlighted

Hey @Blurryphaced good on you for having a tricky conversation! As a fellow awkward lesbian I totally get how hard it can be to set boundaries with a guy friend haha. I hope you are both able to continue the friendship comfortably Smiley Happy