cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awkwardness at school

Hey guys, so I see this girl in school every day and it makes me feel awkward when I see, I try to distract myself or walk past her. I had a bit of history with her but sometimes I feel like talking to her but I feel awkward around her. She said that I’ve been acting weird around her. So what do I do?

Highlighted

Re: Awkwardness at school

Hi @aebarrie12, that sounds like a pretty difficult situation to be in! You mentioned wanting to talk to her - so I would say give it a shot. It is easier said than done but usually awkwardness and shyness disappears once the conversation gets going. It is up to you though, you know the situation best Smiley Happy What is it that makes you want to talk to her?

I moved your post into its own thread, I hope you don't mind Heart
Highlighted

Well for me, being a social person it is more about talking. I want to make many friends as possible and sometimes being a quiet person I don’t get much glory to talk which is fine. But when I do talk to people I find out that they are really nice, I know some of these people I won’t have after high school , but I rather live in the moment. Me and this girl were close friends but then kind of had some drama which took us separate directions I guess. I just want to really talk to her and forget what happened in the past between us as friends.

Highlighted

Hi @aebarrie12, it makes sense that you want to make as many friends as you can! Living in the moment is a really great idea as you don't really know what the future holds. How would you feel about telling her that you want to forget the past and become friends again? It is not a strange thing to want to repair a relationship with someone you were really close with Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hi @aebarrie12 just checking in here Smiley Happy did you end up giving it a go and maybe have a chat with this girl?

Sometimes a slow start when you pass her in the hallway? Such as a smile or wave or gentle "hello", and see how she responds. How she responds to those smaller efforts might give an indication on when to jump in and start a convo!

I think it's really awesome you'd like to be friends again and good on you for being brave enough to want to reach out and to try doing so! Best of luck!

Highlighted

Hey @aebarrie12

Just checking in on you, I hope things are well with you guys. If its too hard to talk in person, and I guess with whats happening in the world its kind of hard, but with that it would be a good excuse to chat and message instead which will help with the nerves. Its a lot easier to type things out than talking face to face.

I know it can be daunting but taking the first step is always good especially if you want to clear the air with her and build any kind of friendship/relatioship.
Highlighted

I am sick of getting called fat by my friend and family member, I am so sick I try to ingore it but I’m done. With this isolation i can’t handle myself and my mental health, I feel like I can’t take it anymore. I’m frickin sick of people bullying me because I am not skinny. 

Highlighted

Hey @aebarrie12 

I'm really sorry you're experiencing that. It sounds really insensitive of them to be commenting on your weight. You don't deserve that. Heart

Have you told them that it upsets you?

Highlighted

Hey @aebarrie12

Its frustrating and I understand that you're going through a really hard time and anyone in your situation would be.
No one deserves to be shamed and bullied by their family and friends. I suggest reaching out to some people who you do feel you can trust and can support you. Also to help you ignore them, maybe you can try and throw yourself into some activities such as games, movies, tv shows, reading, etc. Maybe you can even go for a walk just for the sakes of getting away from your family and getting some fresh air.

I hope you get through isolation okay and were here for you Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hey @aebarrie12 

I'm sorry this is happening to you. No one deserves to be shamed and bullied by anyone. Is there anyone you can talk to and let them know how you feel? You definitely don't deserve to feel upset and shamed and frustrated by peoples' insensitive and mean words.

I hope isolation isn't adding too much extra stress for you right now. We are all here for you Smiley Happy