cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BULLY (the movie)

Hi Everyone,

I'm just wondering who has seen the movie/doco "Bully" which was released in cinemas a little while ago. It's an American film which looks at how bullying has affected 5 kids and their families.

"BULLY is a beautifully cinematic, character-driven documentary. At its heart are those with huge stakes in this issue whose stories each represent a different facet of America’s bullying crisis. Filmed over the course of the 2009/2010 school year, BULLY opens a window onto the pained and often endangered lives of bullied kids, revealing a problem that transcends geographic, racial, ethnic and economic borders.   It documents the responses of teachers and administrators to aggressive behaviors that defy “kids will be kids” clichés, and it captures a growing movement among parents and youths to change how bullying is handled in schools, in communities and in society as a whole."

http://www.thebullyproject.com/

I watched it on Sunday and pretty much the whole way through I was in tears - it is very moving and eye-opening. There are students from both the local high schools attending this film (cinema is an hour away from us! But so glad teachers have agreed to take them). I have spoken to the Principal at the school that I work for (he is going there tomorrow with the students to watch it) and I have recommended that when it's out on DVD the school purchases it, all the teachers watch it and that it is shown to students - atleast senior students.

Anyway I'd love to hear from anyone else who has seen it and what your thoughts are.

Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Re: BULLY (the movie)

Hey NN, I have heard about it, but not yet seen it. But on your recommendation it sounds like I should check it out.

Also, another good movie about bullying is 'Cyberbully'. It's not a documentary, just a movie. Worth a watch though.... I think the whole movie is on Youtube. Just search it! Smiley Happy

Yeah I have watched Bully. I was in tears in a few parts throughout the documentary too.

Yeah i saw Bully last year. I thought it was incredibly sad and really opened my eyes to the hidden bullying that goes on not only in the school environment but throughout society. 

I'm glad that there has been a push towards dealing with bullying but I still think so much more could be done.