cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being alone

I am alone in this world.  Knowing that I truly have no one who is  always going to be there for me  that I can rely on is overwhelming.  I am certain to fail living  life on my own. 

Re: Being alone

Hey @4everAlone - welcome to ReachOut. It takes heaps of strength to seek help, and we're here to listen and support you.

I'm sorry to hear that these feelings of loneliness and isolation are pretty intense for you right now. I'm wondering if there is something in particular that has prompted these feelings, and if you could tell us a little bit more about them?

These feelings are super common - most people feel lonely at some point in their lives (and social media doesn't do much to help). ReachOut has some fantastic resources all about feeling alone (you can find some more info here).

Highlighted

How are you today @4everAlone@khaleesi_18 is spot on - these feelings are really common! (And they feel so bad!)

That being said, there is nothing wrong with being alone! What do you mean by 'fail living life on my own'?  These are some heavy thoughts to be carrying around! During times when we are feeling overwhelmed and isolated, its important to keep putting one foot in front of the other to allow ourselves a shot at enjoying future opportunities.  Stay brave and let us know how youre going buddy

@4everAlone
I'm sorry you've been feeling that way Smiley Sad
How have you been feeling now? 

I feel alone to even though I have family and a partner I don't have a lot of people to hangout with

Hey @Krysty I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling isolated - feeling alone can be a tricky thing to deal with. I noticed that you had posted in the self esteem thread too, and I'm wondering if you would like to create a new thread so we can chat about everything that's going on for you right now?

Hello @4everAlone,

You are not alone because in a world of billions of people you are always surrounded by someone. Some strangers might turn out to be the nicest people you have ever met if you give them a chance.

How do you know that there is no one who is there for you or no one you can rely on? I am sure your family cares about you and so does your teachers, managers, co-workers etc. Sometimes you might not realise it, but you might just be someone's important person who is irreplaceable. There are people who care about you but they do not always say it, these people tend to look after you from the background but they still love you very much nonetheless.

I am here for you if you need me, i can be your friend and someone you can count on. No one needs to be alone, no one deserves to feel that way. You are not going to be forever alone, not if i can help it. There is no need for you to fail at living life on your own because there is no reason to. Countless people on ReachOut have experienced something similar and you will be able to find a kindred spirit in our community. Have a look around similar threads and talk to those people. So open your eyes and SEE, you are welcomed here, you are now a member of our family. So talk to us, laugh with us and share all your failures and successes.

Introduce yourself on our posts. Now you can rest assured that you have people who will support you. Also, try joining an activity club to get out of your comfort zone, it will give you a chance to learn something new and connect with various people.

Also, here is a post of someone who has reported loneliness. Check this out and see if some of the advice may apply to you.

http://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Something-s-not-right/Lonely/m-p/203346#M18006

Do your best! I know you can. Update me on your progress and i will see what i can do to help. Smiley Happy

Winter_Rain.