cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cant move on or be happy

Thanks benny!

its just one of those things the good things i am doing dont feel as good as they should but hopefully in time i will be alot happier about it.

Here are a few of the quotes i thought stood out the most:

Muhammad Ali - "I hated every minute of training, but i said, 'dont quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life like a champion"

Michale Jordan - "Ive missed more the 9000 shots in my career, ive lost almost 300 games. 26 times ive been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. ive failed over and over and over again in my life.... and that is why i succeed."

Bruce Lee - "Dont pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"

Le Bron James - "Dont be affraid of failure... this is the way to succeed"

Thats just a few there are so many!! i guess look up a person you admire and see what they have said! on another note any girls reading there are so many great fitness motivational quotes out there for females... from looking up my own i saw heaps! and for the guys maybe give em a look to Smiley Wink haha

Hey guys

not coping well today so i thought id get on here and vent.

I keep having dreams about my ex... everyday i wake up its hard to get out of bed. i keep on getting to work late and i work for my father and i keep letting him down.

its breaking my heart thinking of not being with her.. i want to msg her and tell her how much i miss her but im certain its just going to cause me more pain getting a response i dont want to hear.

i am moving back into my old ways a little im starting to get the urge to hurt my self (not suicide) but i feel like causing my self pyshical pain to ease my emmotional pain.

Im trying really hard to keep my head together and to stay stong.. i just dont want to fall apart

Hey Ryan, welcome back Smiley Happy

It sucks you're having such a bad day, I hope things get better. Have you tried some coping techniques?

By the sounds of things the gym was working well for you. Maybe you should give it another go - even if you're not feeling very motivated (and in a mood like this, it can be hard to find that motivation) just try to pick yourself up and go out and do it, or anything else you think might take your mind off these kinds of thoughts. I heard a great quote once - in fact, I think it was on ReachOut! - 'action comes before motivation'. Basically, we don't really feel motivated to get up and do something, but once we're doing it we start to feel that drive to keep going. Keep that in mind Smiley Happy

Take care, let us know how things go. 

Dan.

i dont really know any techniques to cope better...

Im going to see a hypnotherpist on saturday so hopefully that will help me out

if not ill have to get back into going to the psychologist..

Hey Ryan

Seeing the hypnotherapist is an awesome step! Good on you. Hopefully they can help you come up with some coping strategies that work for you, but in the meantime you might want to check out building better coping skills (http://au.reachout.com/Building-better-coping-skills) - there's some ideas there.

This morning you mentioned wanting to hurt yourself - I'm not sure if it'll help, but I know for me something that I found really useful when I used to hurt myself to get some of that inside turmoil out was filling an icecream container with water & keeping it in my freezer, so when I was feeling like hurting myself I could take the ice out & smash it to pieces, or throw it against a brick wall until it was completely shattered. Sounds a bit strange, but it helped get some of that feeling out. It's different for everyone and it's important to find out what works for you. What has helped you calm down or feel a bit better in the past? You'd mentioned exercise, is there anything else?

Yeah im pretty excited to see if seeing a hypnotherepist will help me out! i really hope it does.

as for coping stratergies i guess ive never really had any, well none that i know work. i used to just get drunk and get angry hurt my self or even others some times (long time ago). Ill have to invest some time in working out something cause im sick of living inside my head all day and night thinking about shit all the time.. its driving me nuts

wow, hypnotherapy. Hope it helps you out, I'd definitely be interested to hear more about that experience if you're happy to share.

I think it's important to keep reminding yourself that you WILL get through this. I've been through a couple of really awful breakups - and when it happens suddenly (well to you anyway, usually the ex-partner has been thinking about it for a while!) and you can't get an explanation then it's incredibly hard to move on. Unfortunately it can take a while of feeling like crap to get through. For me, there's usually some sudden realisation that makes me feel okay about it and even though that doesn't make me feel 100% better it's the beginning of really getting back to normally.

Hey maybe this will cheer you up - at least (well hopefully not!) you've never been broken up with by an obnoxiously rude text message early on a Monday morning, from a 34 year old! hahahaha! I have, and look at that, I can laugh about it now. So there is hope for you Smiley Very Happy

JDx

Good luck with the hypnotherapy Ryan! It's an interesting choice, I like it.

It can be hard to find a coping technique that works for you, and everyone is different. Keep in mind, as strange as some of them may seem, people don't recommend them for nothing. I actually tried something new just yesterday, I was feel pretty down and decided to give positive self-talk a go - it worked! 

The idea behind self talk is that you try to talk yourself out of the negative thoughts, and replace them with positive ones. When you're feel sad/angry you aren't in the same state of mind that you would be if you were feeling happy/normal, so you start thinking things that tend to strengthen the negative emotion. By talking to yourself and explaining the situation in a more balanced, positive way, you can lessen the negative emotion and get into a better frame of mind to deal with your situation. 

If you're interested, try it out Smiley Happy give it some time, maybe 10 minutes, that way you get a good chance to get the message through to yourself. 

Take care,

Dan. 

Hey my name is ashliegh about two weeks ago i just lost a good friend and i am getting these bad dread of her killing her self . I dont know what too do?

Hi Ashleigh, thanks for posting here & reaching out to us. Sorry to hear you have lost your friend - it sounds like you are having a rough time.

Have you talked to anyone about these dreams? We definitely recommend calling Kids Helpline, they are awesome and can offer more insight. 1800 55 1800. (You can also click the yellow help up in the top right which takes you here: http://au.reachout.com/Emergency-Help)

Sleep's a really important part of wellbeing - so it's important you address these dreams. There's some tips on sleeping here that might help: http://au.reachout.com/Factsheets/H/How-to-get-a-good-nights-sleep

Please come back and tell us how you are going ok?