cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Chronic Illness Support Squad

@Dream_State Of course! It's one of those things that can have such a huge impact, not only to you but with everyone so don't feel alone within it Heart

I can understand that factor, I myself have been seeing the same across my social media platforms and it can be quite pressuring to be conformed into. It's great that some people have the confidence to express themselves in which ever way they please, but it is also just as important for you to express yourself in the way that works with you. I came across a quote the other day that might resonate with you. "This life is mine alone, so I have stopped asking people for directions in places they have never been" - Glennon Doyle. Your scars are your story, and most of your friends/others won't experience them the way you have, so doing what works for you is important Heart

Try to find something that you feel pretty and confident in! Instagram has some really nice swimwear brands, grab some inspo and hopefully there is one you love 

That sounds like such a tough thing to deal with @Dream_State. Smiley Sad
I have a lot of scarring on my body, although they are not from surgeries, and I get insecure about them too. I'm sure many other people are going through similar feelings and experiences.
I myself find it hard to answer questions about my chronic illnesses. I get anxious about explaining why I can't eat certain foods or see certain things. I tend to think of every possible question someone could ask me and how I should respond.
Something gave me comfort, and that was reading that many changes in appearance aren't actually noticed by other people that much. I feel like I waste more time thinking about what other people might think about me than the amount of time they actually think about me.

Sorry to hear you feel insecure about your scars @WheresMySquishy that must be really hard. I think it’s really great that you have found that article and that it has given you some comfort Heart It’s so awesome of you to be supporting others through this too!