cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Comparison on Instagram

Amazing insights @j95

@Bree-RO I changed my feed from less gym stuff to more surfing stuff and it helped
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Thank you @j95!
I totally agree with you, it's really important for our mental health to make sure that we're aware what might affect us. I think I've heard that saying somewhere as well! I've definitely started trying to reduce my time on Instagram and I think it's definitely started to help Smiley Happy

Very much opinions about Instagram and why people spend so much time trying to pretend to be someone and not trying to improve themselves. I've seen thousand times how girls and boys are trying to make a selfie in a special place, so everybody can see where they have been, traveling all around the world not for fun or experience but for a bunch of new photos. Most of them are buying automatic likes to instagam posts to be more popular. Can't say that this is bad but, what I want to say is, stop pretending being someone, be yourself, try to see the world outside the phone and probably you will like it more

Instagram is the catalyzer of low confidence, comparison, and negative thoughts because everyone posts what a beautiful life he/ she has. Of course, it is influential when you see a person driving a Ferrari, while you can hardly afford a 2010 Toyota. However, behind the Ferrari and beautiful life exposed on Instagram, there are many dirty and ugly things done by the person who tend to show his perfect life. Do you know for how many girls prostitution is their main income? Do you really compare yourself with prostitutes? Most of the bloggers buy Instagram views and followers in order to become more popular. Do you really want to go that way? C’mon you deserve a better life. Simply try to find happiness in your body and soul, so Instagram won’t influence your thoughts in no way.

@koelek yes, there are probpens with social media.

But its worth mentioning that for a lot of people prostitution isn't a choice, especially for people who are already vulnerable.

And for a lot of people who do choose it legally and safely, it doesn't actually hurt anyone.

It's also worth noting that as a lot of people come to the forums, some of them may actually do sex work, and it's important that they have a safe space to get mental health support, regardless of how you personally veiw thier job.

Great topic for discussion, @missep !

I definitely fall into the comparison trap at times, particularly in regard to body image. It helps me a lot to look at websites that show how Instagrammers' photos have been edited via photoshop, manipulated via angles, etc. If you google 'instagram reality', you can find sites like this.