cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Coping with anxiety and lack of motivation - (tips and chat <3 )

Really?? same, I was looking into something I can volunteer in and I signed up for the RO crew and started getting on here to give some of my own tips that could help others! We dont have mid year exams only end yer in my year 12 but i never not have homework lmao so it is hard to get ahead so use this time wisely!!
Highlighted

Oh yes! I loved the fresh air one, I also use that as when I have anxiety I tend to start feeling extremely hot and panicked and going outside and feeling the fresh breeze on my face really does help!
Highlighted

Some other things that may help with anxiety:

- Sometimes people get anxiety out of no where, well I mean I do, and in this situation I think its a good idea to think about what might have triggered this anxiety and then think about why its okay and what can you do about it. My heart always starts racing when we are going around about to read out loud to the class and gets faster as it gets closer to my turn. In this situation I tell myself that no one is going to judge the way I talk and they do not care as much as I think they do, I am usually a pretty good speaker when reading out loud yet I still get very nervous, but when I tell myself that I can get through it and no one will judge me I feel a lot better. You can also write this down in a note book about how you are feeling, what you think may have caused it and what you can do about it Smiley Happy

-I am not sure how this scientifically works... but sometimes when i get anxious I put my hands under the tap with warm-slightly hot water and it kind of calms me down??? Idk if anyone else does this but it has worked several times for me in the past, it calms me down and also when i have anxiety I feel sick and feel like vomiting (i dont get it as bad any more) but in the past that helped me calm down and reduce that feeling of about to vomit yuck.

Tips for motivation

-A few have mentioned this but I think it is a great one tbh! Organising your desk making it clean and tidy always helps clear your head and have a good space to study in. Also, having a clean environment/room, make sure there isnt things on the floor laying around! This always makes me feel motivated as everything looks clean, fresh and removes the busy feeling. Another thing, making your bed when you wake up omgg idk if its just me but when I do my bed when i wake up and come home from school to have a nice clean room and bed it just makes me feel organised and like i have my life together lmao I feel so satisfied. I am also veryyyyy interested in stationary so organising my stationary or getting new ones always motivate me to do my work (because i wanna use them lol).

-LISTTTTSSS, PLANNSSSS whatever you want to do but writing things down omg, my life has been getting busy and there are so many things I have to do due certain times and sometimes I forget what I have to do all the time! When you get notice about something coming up or you remember something you have to do (like applying for special considerations for unis this holidays lmao) just have a note book to write this stuff down or use the stickies notes on your laptop. Trust me it helps so much. You look at it and be like omg i forgot i need to do that lucky i wrote it down or I would of never even remembered it again. Information is constantly being given to you and you remember things and forget so for sure write it down as soon as you remember EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU WILL REMEMBER i always think that but i forget lol. Unless yall have way better memory.  Also, when you sit down to do your study/homework, make a list, dot points, of the subjects, specific things within those subject you want to get done in that day. Make it realistic so you are able to finish and have that satisfaction as if you don't you might feel like you got nothing done (well thats how i feel) 

I hope everyone is okay and doing their best in life and if you dont think you are think of one thing you can start doing or change that can help you be a better you and live your best life <3 love yousss 

Highlighted

Omg I'm so late to the party on this one since I had the busiest week Smiley LOL I could read your suggestions all day @Starfish7! I've also heard that a really good way to curb off anxiety and panic attacks is to put a cold pack on your neck or the back of your head? I think it's because your brain and body are linked so if your body thinks it's in a happy place then the brain will too Smiley Happy

I've hope you've had a good week! How's holidays going?

Highlighted

ohh I have not heard that one before I will be sure to try it next time! My holidays have been full of stressing about homework and doing homework tbh... wbu!
Highlighted

Aww I'm sorry you haven't had much of a break... I promise it gets easier! I assume you've got exams coming up early next semester? Hopefully you can rest once they're over! 

Yeah I've still been working, trying to relax even though my idea of relaxing still means doing things Smiley LOL I did have plans but none of them have come to fruition yet... I really wanted to go on a trip to do some cave tours with a friend but the place still hasn't opened for tours so that's a bit disappointing. I'm also trying to transfer into another degree so I'm sort of twiddling my thumbs waiting for my results. I think I went well but honestly sometimes looking in hindsight at how stressed I was makes me worried that I'm imagining my success. It has been really nice meeting up with friends though! Maybe you could do some group study sessions?

Highlighted

sadly I cannot as my friends suburbs are in lockdown here in VIC! Our cases are rising like crazy!
Highlighted

Oh no! I think you mentioned that before but I'm sorry to hear the situation is getting worse Smiley Sad Yeah it's really becoming a difficult situation. I'm up in NSW and there's been a lot of concern about travellers too- it's getting very messy! I hope you're safe where you are- do you know if your school will be moving online?