cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creative ways to ask people R U OK

On Thursday it is R U OK Day and while you can always someone in person straight out, I always like to find other ways to ask people and promote R U OK Day at the same time Smiley Happy

When I was working a few years ago I made up R U OK Day packs which included two funsize chocolates and a note giving instructions on how to ask someone if they are ok using the chocolate as an ice breaker. The instructions were: find a friend, give them the chocolate, ask them if they are ok and enjoy the chocolates together letting conversation happen. I put the chocolates in small paper bags with the instructions printed out stuck to the outside of the bag and left them in the staff room for people to find. I didn't tell anyone (to be honest I was worried about getting in trouble) and watched as people discovered them and word spread round the office. So many people mentioned how great an idea it was and it got people talking about R U OK Day and mental health.

This year as I am studying, I thought it would be fun to give out the following to my classmates:

R U OK.jpgAll I did was hand write on a cute post it note R U OK - a conversation could save a life (if I had done anymore than 12 I would've typed it up) and then stapled it and a mini bag of M&Ms to a ReachOut postcard (I'm also a Youth Ambassador, so I have a good selection of brochures and stuff from ReachOut). It didn't take me much time at all and I love knowing that I can ask people if they are ok (and remind them to ask others too) while also promoting ReachOut's resources.

With R U OK Day 2 days away its the perfect time to work out creative ways to ask your loved ones if they are ok.

Does anyone else have any creative ideas?

Also remember that you shouldn't just ask your friends R U OK just on R U OK Day but everyday Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Re: Creative ways to ask people R U OK

Hey @ErinsAntics,

This is such a cool idea! How did it go after you shared these with your classmates?