cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIY quiet comfy spot

Afternoon all, I was chatting to a few people on here and I shared that we have this corner of our house called the “quiet comfy spot”. I thought I’d jumped on here and answer any questions but also tell you how to make one for your house or space. 
I knew it was coming but sadly today it was deconstructed as we change our study into a bedroom, I got home and all of the cushion covers were hanging on the line. We plan to move it elsewhere at some stage. I’ve got this photo of it from our old house so hopefully you get the gist, it’s the same set up in our new place. 

All it is, is a spot away from your couch or bed to just hang out and have some uninterrupted quiet time. I haven’t used it much until recently. It is giant floor cushion (could also use a fabric dog bed - I actually think this might be one, they are bigger than floor cushions) a European pillow, little blanket thing and some mini cushions (Kmart, cheap shop, secondhand). But you can make it whatever you like!! This pic is just set up in the corner and I think a corner adds to the comfy tucked away feel. The point of it is to add things that you enjoy, we sometimes sit there with the book in the picture and read look at the pictures with our little one if he’s feeling stressed. 
Not my idea I’ll take the credit for it haha. 

It is your space totally up to you what you want in it, it can be low cost if you want it to be, there are heaps of cushions you can get secondhand and give a good couple of washes in the washing machine if you want to spend only a few dollars, and even better use what you already have, spare doona, spare pillows, whatever. Up to you!!

That’s our spot (well, IT WAS, our spot haha) 

Let me know your thoughts and if you want to make one too!! 

A4EDE860-4BC9-4654-811D-3FF6D9099C83.jpeg

Re: DIY quiet comfy spot

Awesome. Have you considered adding bean bags (Kmart ones) to all of this?

It’s a great idea!! Space wise not for us but I definitely would say go for it @hunginc

Could use a beanbag instead of big floor cushion/pet bed

@Saltwaterdreamtime oooh that looks so relaxing, I might have to steal that idea for my room!

I like the dog bed idea too, it looks more comfy than a lot of play mat type things.

Yeah, they are bigger @Tiny_leaf If you get a fabric one that’s square or rectangle you can’t even tell. 

@Saltwaterdreamtime You have blown me away!!! 

I knew you said you had a nice little comfy corner, but wow this is actually perfect!! I am looking around my space as we speak to see the best way for me to set my own one up! I got a new book today so that could be perfect! I will keep you posted with my success rate Smiley LOL

Another thing I love to add to my quiet time is a lit candle or some incense burning, really bring you into your power Heart

@Kaylee-RO We had a little lamp in ours too! 
Keen to see what you set up. Spent last night trying to see if we can set up somewhere else because it’s a nice little spot. Good luck Smiley Happy

Great idea @Saltwaterdreamtime , unfortunately i don't have space in my house for a spot like that. I spend  most of my time online or out walking, at appointments sometimes, or out doing errands like grocery shopping with my parents. Other than that, in my bedroom. I wish my bedroom was nicer but it's not too bad.

This is a great idea @Saltwaterdreamtime!
It kind of reminded me of things like this which I've seen around the web. At the hospital I work at, we've tried to incorporate adjustable lights and music into a quiet space. I also like things like star projectors and white noise machines.