cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DIY quiet comfy spot

Awesome idea. I remember when I went to Headspace, I did like the colours and the things around the rooms, but I had a very traumatic experience there @WheresMySquishy 

@musicfan_xo  I'm sorry you had an awful time there. Smiley Sad
Have you ever tried to set up a box with items you can use to chill out? That might be a more compact idea than setting up a space in your house.

No I haven't yet, but I've heard that a few people do that and it can be helpful, and you can decorate it. Sounds fun and like a bit of a challenge really @WheresMySquishy 

@Saltwaterdreamtime 

I absolutely love this. Having a spot where you can just pause on the world, and take a breather and disappear for a bit is important especially when life gets overwhelming, or when we just need a break. I think you can maybe also add some Christmas lights or mood lighting, and maybe a place for snacks and drinks hahaha. 

@Saltwaterdreamtime wrote:

Afternoon all, I was chatting to a few people on here and I shared that we have this corner of our house called the “quiet comfy spot”. I thought I’d jumped on here and answer any questions but also tell you how to make one for your house or space. 
I knew it was coming but sadly today it was deconstructed as we change our study into a bedroom, I got home and all of the cushion covers were hanging on the line. We plan to move it elsewhere at some stage. I’ve got this photo of it from our old house so hopefully you get the gist, it’s the same set up in our new place. 

All it is, is a spot away from your couch or bed to just hang out and have some uninterrupted quiet time. I haven’t used it much until recently. It is giant floor cushion (could also use a fabric dog bed - I actually think this might be one, they are bigger than floor cushions) a European pillow, little blanket thing and some mini cushions (Kmart, cheap shop, secondhand). But you can make it whatever you like!! This pic is just set up in the corner and I think a corner adds to the comfy tucked away feel. The point of it is to add things that you enjoy, we sometimes sit there with the book in the picture and read look at the pictures with our little one if he’s feeling stressed. 
Not my idea I’ll take the credit for it haha. That’s our spot (well, IT WAS, our spot haha) 

Let me know your thoughts and if you want to make one too!! 
A4EDE860-4BC9-4654-811D-3FF6D9099C83.jpeg

It looks so cozy and so nice!