cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Depression, cold or exhaustion

Just after some peoples opinions. Been feeling exhausted and wanting to retreat into my head over the last week or so. Now this could simply be exhaustion and nothing else. But it can also be a sign of my depression coming back as this is what happened last time. Or... could simply be a cold. It's a fine line with how I treat it anyhow. If it is a cold/exhaustion taking a few days off to rest would be very beneficial. But if it is depression, staying home and sleeping is not the best course of action.

Re: Depression, cold or exhaustion

Hard to say for sure. Do you have any incling as to which one it's more likely to be? You said the last time your depression came back you had fatigue similar to this. Are there any other symptoms of your depression coming back that you've noticed? How are your moods? Are you enjoying things like you normally do? How are you sleeping and eating? 

If it's a cold, time will tell. Have you been around anyone that's been unwell or have any symptoms of a cold? 

Is there a particular reason you might be more exhausted than usual at the moment? 

Could it be a combination of the above? 

Hey @Grake

I would totally recommend you visit your local GP. They are fantastic at determing physical symptoms, mental symptoms and if they are interlapping. It's really great that you have identified that something might not be right.

What are you doing to manage this at the moment?

Yep should have said that - worth going to talk to a GP about what you've been experiencing and what they think is going on @Grake

Hey guys. Thanks for respondingSmiley Happy
Honesty I think it could be a cold, I do work with kids so there is always someone sick at my work. I think then because of the cold mixed with the demands of work/study/sport at the moment I am exhausted. Apart from the retreating into my own head, not being able to concentrate and the tiredness I don't seem to have any symptoms that the depression is coming back, I think I may just be being overly cautious as last time depression took me a long while to get back to normality fand it was not fun.

Hey @Grake,
It's great how you're able to assess your situation and find an answer. Taking a few days off to rest is probably a good idea, especially if you feel a cold coming on. Working with kids can be a demanding job, plus other stuff can be so exhausting!
It's alright to be cautious about your symptoms. If you do end up taking a break, are there any activities you can do to help you feel better? I hope you feel better soon Smiley Happy

Hey @Grake, not great that you haven't been feeling too good recently but I did want to point out that you showed some pretty awesome self awareness in this thread. You kept an eye on yourself and used your past experiences to assess the situation before jumping to any big conclusions, good job!

Hope you're feeling a bit better now Smiley Happy

@Grake just wanted to check in and see how you are feeling now? Smiley Happy

Hey all! So it turns out it was just a cold, I allowed myself a few days to rest and I now seem to be back up and going with life 😊

Great news @Grake! Smiley Happy
Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here and click "start a topic"

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 2 members 99 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors