cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't realize i had to be perfect

So sick of it. Everyone expects you do everything right all the time, everyone expects you to behave the same as everyone else, everyone expects you to look like everyone else. Maybe I don't want to be like them? Everywhere I go I get judged it's so fucking stupid I hate it. I can't seem to do anything right everywhere I go.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: Didn't realize i had to be perfect

Hey man @j95
Sounds like your in a bit of a rough patch!
you don't have to be perfect - there is no such thing as perfect and even if there was imagine how boring life would be.

I know that doesn't help with how you feel right now but I think its something good to remind yourself about! Everyone IS unique and different, and we all have our own stories and people can judge all they want but they will never KNOW the truth.

You are an amazing person and are so strong given everything that has been going on lately. So keep going - your doing really well
Highlighted

Hey @j95 I can asure you that you are not alone and at some point in others lifes they feel as though they have to fit in with an ideal or portay some sense of "perfection". I think it is a whole lot of crap there is no universal definition as perfect, because what you might see as perfect I mightn't or vice versa. I think you have to really get passed the idea of  perfect and accept yourself, that is when others accept you. If you are happy and content with you as a person both inside and out that's when what others say can never be a put down. Reflect on your good qualties and embrace your imperfections that is when you as a whole can grow as a human with feelings and emotions. Never compare yourself to others, you'll never be pleased always remember the beauty of a rose is different to that of a tulip.

Stay stong 

Im fine just pissed off
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

thats very understandable but dont let these people get to you, because as soon as people see a reaction from somebody

regarding something they have said people then continue doing the same because for some stupid reason they get theirs kicks out of seeing that they have hurt or angered somebody.

Stay strong and remember that your better than them by not bringing yourself to their level.

@j95 I get you, it's ridiculously frustrating when it feels like nobody accepts you for who you are. Sometimes though we have to wait for the right people to come along. Meeting new people through mutual interests etc. can help. I know having penpals from around the world helps me express who I am without judgement - my quirks are just seen as being due to living in a different culture. I dunno, maybe that's something you could try?

Hey @j95
Everyone expects perfection yet they themselves cannot give perfection, no one can. You need to remind people that. I always tell people I am not a mind reader so if you have a problem say it.

I think being judged is normal but its how we react to it that truly matters. One thing I have learnt is not to take things too personally all the time because it doesnt affect them, it affects me.

I think everyone has kind of summed up what I was going to say (no such thing, so boring if people were perfect etc)

Id just like to add a quote from Mean Girls, a movie that has a quote for basically every situation in life.....

"Dont let the haters stop you from doin' your thang"

hang in there, @j95!

blithe

hey @j95 , sometimes i feel like this too. everyone always has an idea about 'who you should be' and 'how you should look'. but i think as long as YOU are happy with you, and you're not hurting anyone else, then you should just keep doing what you're doing!

i know it's easier said than done, especially when there is so much pressure in society, and at home sometimes too, but at the end of the day it's harder to be someone or something you're not... it takes a lot of mental and physical energy to keep that sort of thing up!

besides, i always walk down the street and admire people who do look or act different to everyone else. it can take a lot of courage to be yourself sometimes.

thanks for posting this. it was a really great reminder to me to always be who i am comfortable being Smiley Happy

lanejane