cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentary Suggestions

Howdy All

I know that a lot of us are struggling at the moment, me included! I am feeling a bit like my cup is overflowing. Something that I love to do is watch documentaries, so in order for me to practice some self care I thought I would start this thread where we can share our doco suggestions. I am hoping that it might give us all something nice to look forward o watching. 

I will go first one of my idols is David Attenborough so of course anything created by him is a must. A cool fact about how he makes docos, he doesn't just go out and film and then create a story. Nope he has a story in his head and then spends soooooo much time like years, out filming to try and capture what he needs to make his story come to life. I recommend pretty much anything he has done but here are a few to start

1. The Blue planet 

2. Madagascar

3. Planet Earth

I am looking forward to hearing all your suggestions 

via GIPHY

Re: Documentary Suggestions

Documentaries are sometimes very soothing, idk why. I will have to think about some that I have liked but I often like ones about people's stories and social issues and stuff. like sometimes things on insight and abc oh I really liked "employable me" on abc that was cool. 

Is anyone going to talk about How It's Made? A great show for learning a lot or zoning out Smiley LOL

I'm so keen for this thread. I want to hug a big leaf with David.

There are some great things on insight hey @Eden1717 ! And that show sounds right up my alley @StormySeas17, i love zoning out to videos of making stuff Smiley Happy

For people who love Louis Theroux, No Context Louis Theroux provides some useful memes.

louis theroux funny quotes - Google Search | Relatable, Louis, Tv show  quotesInstagram post by No Context Louis Theroux • Aug 29, 2019 at 9:00am UTC |  Louis, School for good and evil, Instagram posts

@StormySeas17  How it’s made is cool I like watching the food ones best. 

@Hannah-RO  I do like Louis Theroux he makes some interesting documentaries. Reggie Yates also makes some good documentaries. Actually the bbc in general makes some good ones. 

Loving this thread!

Some good documentaries and docoseries:
My Octopus Teacher
Unsolved Mysteries
A Secret Love
The Imposter
Tickled
Three Identical Strangers
Blackfish
March of the Penguins
The National Geographic section of Disney+