cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Does being sorry help when you didn't seem to do anything wrong?

Hi @geek28

I'm sorry to hear that things haven't improved regarding your situation with your classmate. By the sounds of things I think that her removing you from her instagram is her way of trying to communicate to you that she is no longer comfortable with these interactions. Of course this doesn't mean that you have done anything intentionally to make her feel this way, and it is tricky to even know if she is feeling this way without talking to her. But it can be assumed that this is roughly the way she may be feeling given what's happened. 

My advice would be to try and move on from the situation all together to avoid you becoming more upset and her potentially feeling even more uncomfortable. Definitely remain courteous with her whenever you cross paths on campus and if there is ever an opportunity where she brings up to you how she's feeling/felt I think that it would be beneficial to let her know that you never meant for her to feel uncomfortable. University is full of SO many people which means there are SO many potential friends out there for you to make!! 

Take care of yourself and try not to let this affect you anymore than it already has. It may be worthwhile talking to a friend or family member and even seeking support or advice from university services if that's something you feel comfortable doing Smiley Happy

Thank you @happyandhealthy 

I can message her about this on Facebook messenger/ LinkedIn but I don't know if I want to. Don't know if she will Just block me there as well without any explanation & me just getting more frustrated @MaryRO 

Hey @geek28,

If you no longer want to than that is perfectly normal. I can understand that it will be very frustrating if she were to block you again without an explanation. Do what makes you comfortable. @happyandhealthy gave you a different perspective that you may want to explore. It may be beneficial to give yourself some space and time to think about this and see if you would like to pursue a discussion with this classmate.  I understand that it is hurtful now, however with sometime this may improve and you may find that this situation may not worry you as much. Remember to do what is best for you in this situation as you have tried very hard to make amends with this classmate and you can only do so much from one side.  

Yes @MaryRO totally. I think I am in a better situation now that I gave myself some time. I'm thinking I'm not going to ignore but rather go talk to her if I see her on campus and say, " I'm not sure what happened between us over social media, but I'm really sorry if I made you uncomfortable in any way..." & and see if she gives any explanation / atleast I would have done everything to be nice. Thanks @happyandhealthy & @MaryRO 

Hey @geek28, we are glad to hear that a bit of time has helped your situation. Sometimes time can give you a new perspective or change the way that you feel. It is also great that you have figured out what you will do if you see her again. It can help to relieve a little bit of stress to feel like you have things planned out in case it does happen again. Please feel welcome to keep us updated!