cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dream job as a kid

Hiya @missep! thanks for your contribution Smiley Very Happy so being a celebrity DR never crossed your mind? Smiley Wink I always thought I might be okay with blood and stuff but its more the actual cutting into someones body thing that gets me all gross haha and the thought of having to touch super gooey pus related stuff egh! YAY! Psych buddies Smiley Very Happy Healthy minds are just as important in healing!

Hey @Chloee! thats such an amazing passion to have, I used to like writing but more on a short story kind of level, im not great at the planning stage thing so I could never write chapter books, I have no patience! the BF loves it sick though and is doing something similar to you! I always thought its such a great thing to do and then at some point in your life you could just be like NUP no more work imma just write. I will definitely love to read your books though, throw me a mention in your acknowledgements Smiley Wink #Psychbuddiesforlife

@lokifish my bae! Smiley LOL I love that you always had this underlying direction that came out of a pretty horrible situation that finally lead you to something you feel solid on! hope its going amazing and you love it Smiley Happy

Aw I love this thread! :')

I can't remember what I wanted to be as a small child. I wanted to be an author for a really really long time. Then I wanted to be a photographer.

Then I discovered psychology and I was like what could possibly be more interesting than studying our own minds and behaviour?

Thanks @May_Smiley Very Happy I think I wanted to be an author too! but the way I kind of moved onto Psychology was that I realised I loved hearing everyones story, every person is so so different and complex and thats what fascinates and drives my passion in Psych Smiley Very Happy

Hi everyone, 

I am still struggling with figuring out what I really want to do with my career but at the moment I am studying psychology and criminology and criminal justice, with the hopes of becoming a psychologist or counsellor of some kind. 

When I was little I always wanted to be a professional ballerina/dance teacher. I did a few professional gigs as a dancer but after completing my dance teachers certificate in 2014, I started teaching my own classes fulfilling one of my career goals, which has been so rewarding and probably the best job someone my age could have. 

Best of luck everyone fulfilling your goals!

that job sounds really awesome @jesseka_grace!

Hey @jesseka_grace! even though you might think you dont have a clear career goal yet its amazing that you are a part of something that really drives your passion! you go girl! Smiley Very Happy

I'm studying to be a primary teacher right now, although my career wants when I was younger were all over the place...
First, I wanted to be a vet, then a marine biologist, then maybe a counsellor, then a dog walker, also a writer or journalist. When I think about what I want to do now, it's definitely something in a caring position, like someone who is guiding or helping someone. I guess being a teacher fits that Smiley Happy

I'm currently studying psychology (and really enjoying it) but as a kid I wanted to be an archaeologist! I was really interested in Egyptian history and The Mummy was my favourite movie haha