cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dreams

Hello everyone!

I find dreams so facinating and sometimes I wake up and all I want to do is talk about the weird/scary dream or experience I just had! I was thinking it might be a cool idea for a thread so people can have an outlet to share their experiences with anything related to dreaming and sleep phenomenas. Eg:

• Strange dreams
  • Scary dreams
  • Happy dreams
  • Recurring dreams
  • Sleepwalking
  • Sleep paralysis

Re: Dreams

This is an awesome idea for a thread @May_, I'd love to share some of my crazy dreams Smiley Tongue The absolute worst dreams I've ever had would be when I wake up and do morning stuff, get to school/work or whatever and then wake up. Seriously, if anyone has ever had these dreams, having a second wake-up is so frustrating because then I have to go through the morning all over again.

@N1ghtW1ng yes I often have false awakenings! They are so weird and confusing haha

My worst experience was definitely having sleep paralysis it is so scary but luckily has only happened to me once.

@May_ Sleep paralysis hasn't happened to me in a while either. The one that ALWAYS seems to get me is what @N1ghtW1ng was talking about - the false awakenings where I've gone to fall in the dream and wake up feeling like I had actually fallen. Makes me short of breath just thinking about it happening

I've had some super weird dreams and aparantly (according to my partner), I'm a massive sleep talker and walker. The other night I (aparently) said "Hahahaha how strong is that toddler, huh?" 

I had THE WEIRDEST deja vu yesterday and I hate how you can never explain it properly! Has anyone else experienced deja vu as a scene from a dream you had actually happening in real life? (I don't think that made sense...)

@May_ The only time I've had dream-to-real deja vu is when I dream that I've gotten up and gone to school then actually woken up because I'd already done it! Smiley Sad Worst kind of dreams Smiley Tongue

Interesting idea, @May_! I like it.

Hmmm.... I had actually had a weird dream the other night. One of my friends just moved into a rental property with her boyfriend and I dreamt that I went to visit them, and they'd been given a bunch of keyrings by one of their friends. My friend's boyfriend gave me a keyring but my friend wasn't there.

I went to the shops to find her (no idea why I'd look there) and when I found her she walked away from me and no matter how I tried to catch up to her, she was always just out of my reach.

Don't know what that means but thought I'd share, haha 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@letitgo wow I feel like that's really symbolic of your friend taking the next step in her life/with her boyfriend! I like thinking of how dreams are symbolic and have meaning even though they are just neurons firing randomly in our brains for the most part (although I guess our waking thoughts are that too with a little less randomness!)

Yeah, I like thinking about the symbolic meaning of dreams too @May_ and I think sometimes the meaning can be really clear e.g. when I was going for my driving test I kept dreaming that the brakes on the car failed (not pleasant!) but other times they can just be really random.

Have any of your dreams been particularly memorable? 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //