cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easter is annoying

So what’s the point in Easter? As in why is everything shut today what’s the reason for that because it’s damn inconvenience isn’t it better if anything that everything is closed on Sunday I’m pretty sure people would prefer to work today this useless holiday than on Sunday when people do things with their family?

Well I’m spending Easter pretty much alone as per usual so if anyone has any ideas for things for me to do let me know I’m bored af and the surfing probably won’t be on because there isn’t enough swell 

anyway 

Re: Easter is annoying

Also why can’t I eat meat

Genuinely asking

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime thanks for raising this. I imagine some other users would share your frustration with Easter too. For example, I'd usually be working today but the office is closed for the holiday.

As for suggestions for things you could do, you made a good point about the surf/swell. I don't know much about surfing, but could you still practise being on the board without waves?

Or could you maybe go to an indoor pool and do some laps?

Other suggestions are hanging out on the forums - we're always happy to have you! Smiley Happy

I'm also trying to keep myself occupied and some of my plans are to listen to some podcasts, watch some TV, do some colouring and go for a walk in the sunshine...

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@Saltwaterdreamtime the meat thing comes back to a Catholic/Christian idea. I found some info about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasting_and_abstinence_in_the_Catholic_Church Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@lokifish The pool is closed Smiley Sad
I meant that there’s no swell for the competition to run at Bells today maybe later but probably not

Ok can I eat meat even if I don’t believe in that religion @Lokifisb

Oh I meant @letitgo

I find it dumb that we all have to be inconvenienced for a minority of people who beleive in something that isn’t real
Highlighted

I agree it can feel frustrating to have to stop everything @Saltwaterdreamtime. I personally would prefer if we didn't have religious public holidays because it doesn't seem fair to only have holidays on Christian holidays and not, say, Eid or Passover, but I know this weekend is very important to some people so it's nice they can celebrate. I look at it like, even though I'm not religious, I get a long weekend which is pretty nice! Or, for people who are working, they get paid extra money which is always helpful. And it's a good excuse to eat cheap chocolate! Smiley Happy 

Maybe you could plan something to do with your brother who lives with you, go to a park or take the dogs for a walk or watch a movie together? Or, maybe you could make up some little gifts for when you see your other siblings, even if you don't celebrate easter lots of kids are still happy to get a few chocolate eggs!