cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: End of year message

@A_Friend  ahh that is so wise- and what you said about stress levels and knowing what you can handle workwise is very relatable- it shows a lot of self-awareness!

@Tay100 I didn't always have this god of self-awareness but through year 12 I learnt the hard way the consequences of lacking that self-awareness and not being kind to yourself

Hi @hunginc,

Part of it was me realizing I had to work hard for my career, and that I genuinely enjoyed the units and the course I was taking. Another big part was surrounding myself with really academic individuals, and adopting their habits, and asking them to keep me accountable.

What about you @hunginc ? what was your highlight?

@Anzelmo Mine would be reconnecting with an old friend of mine who is just like me in many ways. It's kind of weird how we drifted apart over the years. Nevertheless, it was pretty awesome to talk to him again, haha. Even though I haven't talked to him in years, we picked up where we left off.

@A_Friend  that's understandable- and somewhat relatable- I feel like yr12 is such a baptism of fire, and we do a lot of reflecting and growing, and learn that being kind to yourself is hard- but with practise hopefully becomes easier over time!

@Tay100 I have found that its a lot of up and downs of easiness to be kind to myself, I'm sure people can relate to how much tougher is it be kind to yourself during a hard time

@A_Friend Yes, I can certainly relate! It's harder to be nice to myself when I'm not being productive working and studying, even though a rest is actually exactly what I need at the moment to ensure I'm productive long term? And I would tell anyone else to feel that way except myself! Such a strange logic, huh?

@Tay100 yes, its so strange how easily we can be kind to others but how hard is to be ourselves