Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: FRIDAY FIVES!

Thank you @missep! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
BJH

Hello Missep & Everyone,

Thank you for such an awesome welcome. The High Fives are inspiring, and they gave me a terrific boost.  No-one looks for acclamation or "pats-on-the-back", but to receive them from thoughtful colleagues really makes a person's day. :-) 

My training organisation was a pretty tough place in so much as they fully expected and demanded 100% dedication and hard work, BUT it was also the fairest workplace I've ever had the honour of working at/for because they ALWAYS acknowledged hard work and both recognised and rewarded it. This  was where I learnt what I believe is an essential aspect of employer / employee relationships - that a very small amount of recognition then equates to huge dedication and loyalty on the part of the employees. 

Sadly, the many workplaces I've experienced since then have fallen far short.  It's been disheartening to see and also personally experience employers and managers who DEMAND "blood out of a stone" but rarely say even a simple 'Thank you'.  Such craziness, from my view. It also breeds a culture of same, where staff don't automatically say "Thank you" to others, and also perpetually see themselves as 'having fallen short'.  I always thank colleagues for "hanging in there, supporting each other, and getting through the day", and way too often I've received the response: "But we didn't achieve this and that or that". "No matter! Look what we DID achieve, despite the challenges!"

Gosh, the talk at my workplaces (and it's sadly only talk) about staff morale and 'watch each others' backs' and so on is such empty talk because the honest-to-goodness recognition just isn't there, even though it's so simple to effect, and this has always been and continues to be a  frustration for me.

Oh dear! Apologies!  I've gone off on a tangent rant and I apologise for this.

It's just that these "simple High Fives" have reminded me that unfortunately it's a missing element in my regular workplace.

So, I'm happy-as to have come across this forum and I believe it'll be a great place for all of us to do some much-needed recognition and re-building of individual morale so that we can each feel appreciated and worthwhile, and feel motivated to keep on keeping on.

It's inspiring to read the posts here, although I admit I haven't managed to read very far yet.

Thanks for bearing with me!

Cheerio for now,

Bev

Hey everyone! We've had so many amazing posts over the past week it's so tricky to narrow down to five, so today there's six! Smiley Very Happy  With a very special theme suggested by @lokifish! (it's great Smiley Very Happy)

@Taylor-RO for being so supportive and kind to absolutely everyone they see struggling.

@ErinsAntics for this incredible and insightful post about the experience of job seeking.

@Bee for reviving this thread and offering some amazing insights in the qualities you have brought into your life through your role models. 

@Aluzar for being open and brave about reaching out for help, and also reflecting on some of the strengths you are proud of.

@smileandwave for introducing themselves on our welcome thread! Thor and pasta, very good choices Smiley Very Happy

@redhead for having some fun and spamming games threads, the best section of the forums Smiley Happy

Have a great weekend everybody! 

big bird roller skates GIF

-----

Our new guidelines are now live, check them out here!

Happy Friday All! Smiley Very Happy

I'm happy to have time to post these this week! This week's totally awesome dog and water theme comes from a submission from the Friday Fives, and I loved it so I ran with it, or should we say swam with it Smiley Wink 
I had an absolute blast choosing the rest of the gifs, just like these doggos and this hose...

Related image

@scared01 Reviving the 'Favourite Part of the Week' thread

Image result for dog water gif

@Bananatime04  Reaching out for help, especially since they are struggling. I'm proud of them for reaching out! & for identifying some amazing positives! You're a star! Heart

@Maddyw  Doing such a great job with Laps for Life

Related image

@smileandwave  This insightful post of support about making friends at university

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx  For being proud of themselves for helping others! This can be a tough thing to identify when we are struggling, so I applaud you for feeling proud of it! Heart

Related image

Hope you enjoy these gifs as much as I do! Also If you want to nominate someone for a Friday five next week, you can submit a nomination here Heart

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Thanks @Bee!
I really don't deserve a friday five...
But thankyou for the encouragement!

thank you and congrats to everyone Heart
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Thanks @scared01.

@Bee, the gif you put under my username is so relatable to me! Lol.

//You are strong, You are beautiful, You are enough//

Good afternoon everybody!

I hope you all are well!

I have not participated in Friday Fives for a while! Anything I missed?

Would love to hear from you!

love and hugs, 

blobby

Hey @blobby! I don't think you've missed anything important, but if you do happen to see someone on the forums who is worthy of a Friday Five, feel free to nominate them by clicking here!

Happy Friday everyone! Which means it's time for...

FRIDAY FIVES!!!!!

I've decided to go with Queer Eye as the theme for this week because it is one of my favourite shows (it brings so much positivity to my eyes!)

So here we go!

@mrmusic for reviving the autism thread during Autism Acceptance Month! 

giphy

@Tasi for responding to SOOO MANY THREADS! Yay you for being an awesome builder!

giphy

@blobby for offering some amazing, empathetic support to other users through here and here

giphy

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx for always being able to find three positives in their day and providing some amazing, empathetic support to other users

giphy

@Bananatime04 for an amazing self-reflection on how they've been using the forums lately. We're so proud of you!

giphy

@Cheeseburger for updating on the positives that have happened recently, good luck with your move! Smiley Happy

giphy

@scared01 for taking the steps to keep themselves safe during a difficult anniversary

giphy

@mspaceK for making a new thread about how they've been feeling recently!

giphy

And that's all for this week! See someone doing awesome things on these forums? Why not nominate them for next week's Friday Fives by clicking on the link here