cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Falling for a friend need advice!

So first of all I’m gay (no one know  know) but I have this guy I work with who is super cool and we have become friends rather quickly, we decided to go to the shops the other  night at 6:30 (was a 40 min drive from home) and it turned into going for dinner and also seeing a movie, we then left the movies at 11:50pm, he drove me home we got to my street and he said do you want to keep talking and not go home and I said sure! I then suggested we just sit in a carpark and talk he said he knows somewhere better. He took me up this mountain in the bush and a sketchy road to this amazing lookout and it was just me and him we sat there for about an hour and then took a long road home (we talked this whole time which was over 6 hours) he then dropped me home at 2am and I know he’s had a girlfriend a while back but I’m falling for him and I’ve been told what we did was basically a date? I don’t want to confront him and stuff up our friendship and I Laos don’t know if he’s bi???

Re: Falling for a friend need advice!

Hey @Me-know-it-all welcome to ReachOut! Sounds like the two of you clicked really well and had an amazing bonding experience. It can be so tricky to know whether someone is interested in being more than friends or not. This is especially tricky if it's a person from work as you'll have to spend lots of time together. What are your instincts telling you to do at this point? Smiley Happy

I think I should wait and see what happens and give it a little more time.

Hi @Me-know-it-all

That sounds like a great time! I would have considered that as a casual date as it wasn't planned or seomething. You two definitely have a connection. 

I wouldn't tell him that you are falling for him since you two work together and that might make it weird. You said he had a girlfriend before, maybe try to see if he is bisexual and out him out on more casual dates to see if he feels the same way. Having crushes are great and sucks at the same time Smiley Sad

Thankyou for your advice it’s very helpful!

I like @LeoTheLion's suggestion to ask him to hang out more and see how things go. I think giving it a bit more time sounds like a good idea @Me-know-it-all Smiley Happy