cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling "broken"?

Hey everyone.

So for a while now I have struggled with the feelings of being broken due to things that have happened in the past. I've felt like that I cannot be repaired or be whole again. Very recently I was talking about this to a friend and he bought up Japanese art of Kinsukuroi.
Havent heard of it? I'll explain.

.image.jpg

It's the art of repairing something, typically pottery, with gold or silver to show something as being more beautiful for having been broken.

In my own personal story, I think it means that one day, with help and time I can become the whole sacred and valuable human being I was born as and deserve to be. The cracks that might show when the healing is done will make me unique and my own special person.

I decided to share this because some people may be able to relate those feelings I have had.

Jay.

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: Feeling "broken"?

That's a beautiful analogy, @j95. I love that japanese artform - it's such a loving practice.. I am sure we all can relate to the image of what it depicts. Thanks for sharing this!

Have a good week, Jay

Re: Feeling "broken"?

Wow, what a beautiful metaphor @j95! Your friend is very insightful Smiley Happy