cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finishing things, feeling committed, becoming a self-starter.

Hey everyone, 

I have always found it so hard to be a 'self starter' and to start new projects off my own back. From everything from leaving uni assignments to the last minute, wanting to get a six pack, wanting to date someone, I just get DISTRACTED.

I just don't know what it is, but it's kind of like I lose interest with things fairly quickly, but then after that. I am overcome with this insane guilty and feeling of inadequacy that I can't stick to anything...its this vicious cycle.

Part of me thinks its something to do with the 'instant gratification generation' to which most of us on this forum, belong. Always wanting something more, right now. I've never discussed ADHD with my psychologist but it is something I have, of late, started to suspect.  

I would so love any advice or thoughts (beyond chatting to my shrink, I'm overseas right now so will have to chat to them when I am back). 

Cheers!!

Re: Finishing things, feeling committed, becoming a self-starter.

Hey @ZadieGeorgeRowling I have to start this reply by saying that I LOVE your username! I sense that you're a fellow reader, haha

As to your post, I hope you're having a good time overseas.

I think chatting to your psychologist is a great place to start.

In the meantime, are there strategies that you have used/might be able to use to help you get started with projects? e.g. I find that making a to-do list for the day or week ahead tends to help me...

Looking forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@ZadieGeorgeRowling you can try looking up "adhd life hacks", there should be heaps of results.

Even if it turns out you don't have adhd, there are a lot of creative ideas, so there's probably at least one that you could use. 

Hi @ZadieGeorgeRowling 
How's everything been going since you posted this?
I wanted to check in on you and see how you were
We're here for you on RO! Heart

Hey this distract its coz mania

U need calm down silence

Zero ppl near

Then u calmer n can control ur thoughts

Kinda calm music it helps

Also if u keep ur table free of other things except piece of paper and pen u can easy focus on writing

I think it must work