cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fomo

Tonight there’s a party and the whole grade is going but I’m not cause I’m not allowed. My parents are so strict I have to be home at the exact same time everyday and I’m only allowed to leave the house to walk my dog or go to school or the library. My parents are strict cause I’m in a super strict religion but I hate it 

Re: Fomo

Hi @Drake123455ggg thanks for reaching out. That must be really hard for you to not have been able to attend the party. I'm sorry to hear that they are really strict on you. You mentioned it's a super strict religion, I'm not sure of your age but do you think this is something your parents might become more flexible with as you get older? What are you doing to look after yourself during these times of frustration? If you find that it gets too much at times I would recommend chatting to KHS or eHeadspace as they offer online chat or phone counselling. We're here to listen and support you Heart

That sounds really hard @Drake123455ggg, sounds like you are feeling pretty unheard. I am guessing there's no reasoning with your parents? Is there anyone you trust who could help talk with them for you? It's understandable to be feeling this way, we're all here to listen. How are you feeling now?

@Drake123455ggg it sucks that you didn't get to go to the party, did you have a good weekend?

New to the forums? Come say hello here with some holiday-themed questions! 

Highlighted

Hi @Drake123455ggg
Sorry to hear that, it sounds like it would've been really tough to go through. I really relate to your thread of FoMO because it can be challenging when there's a party going on or something. As @N1ghtW1ng asked, were you able to have a good weekend? I hope so. Is there anything you enjoy doing that might help you take your mind off of feelings of FoMO?
Here for you Heart

Thank you, I’m 14 and it’s not something that’ll change with age though because my sisters are older one of them is 18 and they can’t go to parties either 

Oh that is a shame @Drake123455ggg! You never know what the future will bring but in the meantime, it sounds like that has been tough for you. What other fun activities can you do instead that will make your weekends fun and help with Fomo?

Have you spoken to your sisters about their thoughts on the rules? Do you know how they handle it? @Drake123455ggg

Hi @Drake123455ggg
@Taylor-RO and @Birdeye have both mentioned some very helpful things to think about.
Do you think it might be helpful to talk to your sister about this?
Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here and click "start a topic"

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 3 members 143 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors