cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustration about a crush and sexuality in general.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to talk to the forums about something I'm going through that I'm not really confident in talking about with my social circle. So I go to school, and out of nowhere I just see this guy and he's really cute. He's new and it's the first time in forever that I've felt this way. I'd really love to get to know him but, here's the twist. I go to an all boys catholic school, so this idea of liking someone of the same sex. Is *finger quote gesture* not *finger quote gesture* normal (in our school environment), and even if it was. It would be (and already is) facing a lot of judgement, mostly negative and discriminatory. I don't know, honestly. I really like this person. But I just have a feeling that I'm never going to have a chance to shoot a shot at being with them. And I just feel so broken that I will never get a chance at finding someone. 

It's just so annoying that being a person, part of the LGBTQIA+ community. Comes with so much setbacks that heterosexual people don't have to face, whether it be through sex education or just life in general. It becomes harder for people from the community, because we have to fend for ourselves when it comes easier for people who aren't part of the community. It's just so annoying that I have to watch people from school progressing with their social life, like getting into relationships and openly talking about it. I just feel so left behind because I have to wait till I move out or graduate from school to start doing what they are doing. 

I don't know, I just really want someone to talk to about how I feel about this person and sexuality in general and I think the forums is pretty good for it. 

Re: Frustration about a crush and sexuality in general.

Hii @ApplesRoses , I'm glad that you're willing to share your frustrations with us and I totally understand how you feel, especially with liking another guy and having one-sided feelings for them, and possibly facing judgement and discrimination for even letting on how you feel about them. It's hard and frustrating and disheartening a lot of the times, but please just know that you're still young and I know that you will meet someone amazing who feels the same way toward you too. As you wrote in a previous post: "You are loved and cherished", and I believe that you will be now and in the future! So don't give up! Keep fighting, and eventually you'll find people who'll be willing to fight with you! Heart

I agree that being part of the LGBTQIA+ community can be more difficult than the heterosexual population, but I also think that it makes us stronger as individuals. It sucks that you can't be your entire self at school too, especially also since you go to an all boys catholic school. Smiley Sad I'm sorry that I can't help you more with your current situation; it's definitely difficult to be in and hard to go through on your own. But please feel free to talk to us about how you're feeling and anything else that's on your mind! Heart

Hey @drpenguin

So sorry for the late reply. But thank you for responding, it's relieving to hear that other people experience this sort of feeling. It's just really tough to go through these feelings by myself and with little help in the real world. I just wish there was a way for me to just move on from these feelings and to just get him out of my head. Because, it can be unhealthy to keep obsessing over a person. I'll be trying to focus more on myself since, this has been not so great for my mental wellbeing. 

Thanks for the reply again. Smiley Happy  it's just hard  to feel like I'll be able to find someone. And it's hard to remember that there are people out there who could like me. Honestly, I just feel like I put too much pressure on myself to find someone. 

@ApplesRoses no worries about replying a few days later! Smiley Very Happy It's definitely tough and frustrating to go through what you're feeling alone, but we're here for you to talk to! And I know it's hard to move on from your feelings too, especially when you're likely to see him almost every day of the week at school. Smiley Sad It's good to hear that you're trying to focus more on yourself though! I hope your wellbeing becomes better over time!

And i understand that feeling when you think that you won't be able to find someone; but don't lose hope! You're still young and in high school and you will have plenty of chances to meet other people! I know it may seem like you're expected to achieve these sort of 'milestones' of finding someone at your age, but it's important to experience things at your own pace, so try not to worry about it too much. Smiley Very Happy Feel free to talk to me or us about how you're going! Heart