Re: Getting a new psychologist

I hope I havent freaked you out @j95 Smiley Sad

It's just like ahhh! @Stealth_ninja
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Yeah I'm sorry.

Should have just kept it simple, definitely didn't mean to overwhelm you.

Can we maybe just think about the first step? Would that be booking the psych appointment and then just seeing? @j95

No don't be sorry at all I'm grateful for you help, and it's reality @Stealth_ninja

I told my doctor I'd come back for a referral and I'm booked in for tonight, even though I think I'm going to go back to my old psych because they know me, it could work if I give it time. But yeah might need help around that first step, you're right Smiley Happy

Well you don't have to do it alone @j95! I definitely didn't! And we are all here to support you as always Smiley Happy

Going to the doctor tonight sounds like a good plan, let me know how it goes! Maybe ask them if they can they refer to your old psych?

Yeah even though I was there yesterday haha

I did it!! @Stealth_ninja it was much easier than last night because I had already talked about everything last night, so this was a super quick one. Such a relief, now onto the next step.

I guess it's tough because it's like, is now a good time to do this, I'm trying to set up a business etc, but then there is never really a perfect time.

I think that's a good point you've raised @j95, and really echos back to what Stealth_ninja was saying about all of the different stressors in your life that can make a difference with being on/off or coming off medication.
So when you bring up your thoughts on medication with your old psych, stuff like that would be great to bring up with them so you two can really work out what the best course of action is for you.