cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Girlfriend problems

Hi I am new here! The only thing I want from this website is: how to break the news to your parents that you are in a relationship with a girl when you are a girl 

Family problems

If you are in a relationship with a girl should you tell your parents about it or just say that she's just a friend and what do you do if your girlfriend don't have any credit to reply back to you

Re: Girlfriend problems

Hi there @Frogs and welcome to ReachOut! Smiley Happy

I've removed your other post to save any confusion, it can be tricky trying to have one conversation on two threads Smiley Tongue 

I don't have a lot of experience myself in relationships. Is telling your parents something you feel confident in doing? ReachOut has a great article on coming out that might be helpful for you. Alternatively, you can try QLife who have both an online chat and phone line that can help with LBGTQI+ situations. What do you think?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

hey @Frogs well done on wanting to come out to parents. this one can be tricky as we dont know how they are going to react. maybe you could introduce your gf to your parents but dont tell them shes your gf until after shes left. that way they know who she is before judging on the relationship. 

a site that mgiht help you as well is called Qlife 

https://qlife.org.au/

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because your WORTH it!**

But I am in a relationship with a girl who is a Transgender 

thats still ok @Frogs you could let your parents meet them first then let them know your in a relationship. 

But she is a Transgender and my best friend

But what happens if they try and tell me that I am not in a relationship with a girl 

some people find it hard to accept others for who they are @Frogs we cant really control that. 

i would reccomend talkin to qlife they are lbgti therapists so might be able to ease your fears and answer your questions more than i could. 

Hey @Frogs, I was just wondering what your girlfriend thinks? Do you feel confident in talking to her about your feelings?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!