cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Giving up on my dreams

Hi @Bento 

Thanks for sharing these videos they are really good!!! I think lots of people here will find them helpful 

I have some good news! Two weeks ago I did my first tutoring session to try and complete my course. This week I had a second session and my tutor said I finished all the work! Now I should be able to get my certificate and study another course there. I hope I get to study art foundations by next year, I would like to be involved in the design aspect of making video games.

Sent from my iPod

Hey @Bento congrats on the good news! Sounds like you've got some clear career goals to focus on which is really exciting. 

Maybe. I don’t know what I’m gonna do yet. I’d like to pursue these studies and see where it goes. I had fun in the tutoring session actually, with just me and the tutor I was able to concentrate and ask for help whenever I needed. The problem I faced in a classroom was that I struggled to work with so much noise from other people around me, and I couldn’t always ask for help. Does that sound selfish? Well, if I did another course there that teaches art-related subjects, I don’t know if I would get along with more students because we would share the same hobby and maybe have better chemistry, or if I would still struggle in a classroom environment due to my social anxiety. Much like Jaiden I am super shy and awkward, just in case I haven’t gotten that across yet. And speaking of which, may I share some more animator videos? This is another YouTube animator called Katzun, with one video on anxiety and another on introversion.

Anxiety: https://youtu.be/4ldJ3YbiuU0
Introvert: https://youtu.be/Mtyy3x5qAFI

Sent from my iPod

@Bento  That's awesome! Smiley Happy I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good work! Hopefully, you can get some more support from where you're studying regarding the noise in the classroom. I'm sure they can work out some more things that would help you.

These videos are really cool! Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Actually, I’m sorry to change the subject suddenly, but I need help with brainstorming a fictional story I want to write. I’m really struggling to come up with ideas, and I’ve tried asking some other people for help, but I keep coming to a dead end. My story will focus on a lot of psychological themes, so I thought maybe people who have had experience with mental struggles could help me out. Wanna try?

Sent from my iPod

Hey @Bento 

I'm sorry I don't really have any ideas for you. What ideas have you come up with so far? (please be careful when explaining them to ensure they aren't triggering for users - see our guidelines here). 

Have you had much progress since last night?