There's no GR session being held tonight so I thought I might just start up a little post to get us through to next week.
Have you ever come out of a test feeling all over the place and like you really should have prepared better?
Orrrr ever wanted to go on holiday but haven't been able to save the cash??
Or planned to get fit but then give up after a few days???
These sorts of things can all be fixed with goal setting.
In high school when people talk about goals it always sounds really lame, but as you grow up you realise that goals are a necessary part of life and getting shit doneeeeee!
So - can you tell me what your goals are and how you work towards them?
I'm really not sure about what my goals are! I made a lot maybe 3 months back and posted on here but I think those goals went out the window. But I'm excited to hear everybody elses! =)
I remember that list of yours @j95 - it was so well done! So why didn't you stick to the goals? Are there any you still want to achieve?
The reading a book thing is something I definitley want to do and I think a chapter a night would be good for me too so thanks for the tip. I was on ebay purchasing books last night I will probably never read unless I have a reading goal haha. Tv gets in the way (crime tv shows are addictive).
@Dory your goals seem great. I wonder how you could go about breaking them down to make it more achieveable? For example, how are you going to be more mentally healthy? What sort of things will you do? How many times a week?
My goals right now have really not changed from 2014:
- I want a better job or a 2nd job
- I want to move out of my cousin's place and stay alone
- I want to get healthier and fitter
- I want to get a beautiful little car
- I want to make new friends in this new place
I'm working towards them by:
- applying for jobs constantly although I'm not motivated lately
- after 2wks of relaxing I'm getting back to healthy life again
- I've been here almost a year and I hardly have any close friends, kinda makes me feel sad but I think I need to put myself out there a bit more. Obvi I'm so used to being alone too much.
**Believe in the power of you because you are your own hero**
Things to check out:
Join us for a Weekly Wellbeing: Gratitude photo challenge here!
We're having a week long chat surrounding life transitions and fears about growing up. Click here to join the discussion!
We are sharing our personal stories about Body Image. Join in and share yours!
Seen something fantastic on the forums?