What a fantastic thread @Bananatime04! Here are some of my hobbies:
- Swimming - I love the feeling of being in the water, it's exercise but you don't feel the sweat! I also love the fact that it is hard to think about anything but breathing and moving, it's very calming.
- Cooking - I love to cook dinner for my family, I find it really therapeutic and rewarding to make something that we can enjoy together. It also feels good to contribute to my household's chores, because my family doesn't like cooking very much and finds it kind of tedious after a long day at work, but I don't so it's a win win.
- Music - I have played the clarinet for 10 years, and the saxophone for 7, so I whip out my instruments from time to time and work on a few pieces. However, I know that this isn't an accessible hobby for everyone, so my other love is listening to music. Sometimes I spend time searching through Spotify for new music I have never heard before, or organise playlists for different occasions.
- Listening to audiobooks - I'm not a big reader, but I love listening to stories! I always pop on an audiobook when I'm travelling to work/uni, or when I am at home by myself. It makes me feel like I have company to hear someone reading to me, and I get so engrossed in the story that I forget everything else. It's a great tool to use if you don't like being alone! I never used to eat in restaurants by myself, but now I pop on an audiobook and it's like dinner for two
I love this thread @Bananatime04! Such an awesome topic to talk about. Gymnastics is such a cool hobby, if you're feeling disinterested maybe there's something similar to gymnastics you could try? Hopefully some of the (amazing!) suggestions in this thread will give you some ideas
@xXLexi_Lou122Xx those are some awesome hobbies! Do you have any favourites? Music can be such a fantastic and rewarding hobby, as well as art and crafting! You definitely have some awesome skills in art from what you've shared with us
@scared01 woo more arts and crafts! You're all so talented here! Planning "fake" holidays sounds so interesting, what have been some of your favourites?
@mspaceK gotta love cleaning! Admittedly it's not my favourite but it can definitely be so rewarding to declutter and organise and clean things What are some of your favourite sports? (also YES to soundtracks/movie scores! )
@redhead The art and photos you've shared on RO have been so amazing, you are so talented! Video games are so fun too! I don't really know Borderlands (LEGO is more my speed ) but it sounds like you enjoy it!
@hellofriend ooh mountain bike riding??? That sounds so cool! You have awesome hobbies, do you have any favourite movies/tv shows at the moment?
@queenP swimming is pretty great! I love the "exercise but you don't feel sweat", it's so true! I couldn't get into audiobooks but they're great when you don't have the time to sit down and read, do you have any favourites?
Great thread idea, @Bananatime04!
I like to sing and play guitar because it's fun and I just like music in general. I also like to draw with a felt tip pen because it's a creative outlet for me, for example, I might draw about something that's going on in my life. It's a good way for to express my feelings. I also like to listen to audiobooks that I borrow from the local library because, although I do like reading, I'm finding that my concentration isn't as good anymore... there are a lot of books that I haven't finished. With audiobooks, I just listen and it's easy to get to the end if they're good. Same with podcasts!
For me I have a few, some I engage in more than others
polymer clay (I've made a few things, I want to do more but haven't had the time recently)
listening to music and tv series/movies and half watching while I colour (sometimes I do pay full attention to them though )
Remember you're amazing just as you are
@Bananatime04 I struggle with hobbies too! But here are some of mine:
1. Watching tv shows (this is a big one haha)
2. Exercising - I mostly go to the gym but I want to start going for walks and runs now that the weather is not so hot
4. Sometimes reading
Hey @N1ghtW1ng that's cool that you used to play guitar! were there any songs you liked to play on it?
I don't think I have a favourite audiobook yet.. the local library's selection doesn't have a lot of books on audiobook so it's kind of limited but I want to listen to 'Every Note Played' by Lisa Genova because I enjoyed reading 'Still Alice', one of her other books. I started following a bunch of podcasts on Spotify recently, I think I got too excited with all the podcasts out there haha. I used to listen to 'Life Matters', 'All in the Mind' and 'Big Ideas' and they're pretty interesting, but at the moment I'm just listening to random episodes of new podcasts I've found, whatever I feel like that day!
Seen something fantastic on the forums?