cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Having a cry

That's what I'm saying. I don't mean MAKE yourself cry but my thinking is that you need to experience crying to see if it works and help yourself improve.

Accepting things can be hard for me at times and it takes ages for me to change my ways sometimes and I think that would be a VERY hard nut to crack!

Do you think you'll give it a go @FootyFan26? I know for me, I found crying a negative thing, something to hide because it was 'wrong' or 'babyish'. some thanks to my brother for teasing me when I was in tears. To be honest, I'm not 100% on board with crying, I don't like to cry very much and when I give myself the chance to cry freely, I don't. I'm just standing there feeling rather silly.
However, allowing yourself the chance to cry freely, whether you do or not, can be releasing. Those moments when you stand, sit or lie down and just allow those tears (whether they come or not) to flow can make you relax a little more.

Perhaps when you are having a hard time, go to a safe place for a few minutes, get comfortable, and let yourself cry. You don't have to cry, that's option, but give yourself a chance, don't hold back any tears that come.

I think you can do it, you have already showed awesome strength here on RO.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

I don't find that crying helps much. I just feel vulnerable afterwards. I still won't say I've ever cried. I'm not man enough to admit to anything like that.

That's okay if you don't find it helpful. Not everyone is the same. Smiley Tongue

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Highlighted

@FootyFan26 you don't have to admit to it - literally everybody who has ever lived has or does cry, it's part of being a person

I am a true believer in sometimes you need to have a good cry to let it all out, before you explode!

Honestly I am not the most emotional of people (I try to put out the impression I am a hard ass) but some days I find myself needing a good ole' cry and then I am all G again!!