cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Healthy meal plans/recipes!

Hey RO Fam!

So I have seen many people on these forums, and most of them are trying to maintain a healthy meal plan. I am one of those many people, and I'm looking for recipes and meals to make that are healthy, filling, and easy to make. 

Myself and my family at home are all trying it too, so if anyone has healthy meal ideas to share, that would be much appreciated! 

Basically, it's a recipe exchange. But for dinners, lunches, breakfasts, or just snacks for parties!

Re: Healthy meal plans/recipes!

I think this is a great idea for a thread @xXLexi_Lou122Xx. Smiley Happy

I've been eating a lot of meals with antipasto mix lately. In fact, I'm eating some now!
You can put it in pasta, pizza or salads, or make your own platter as a lunchbox meal. I find that it's very easy to add to meals.

Highlighted

Thank you!

That sounds pretty cool @WheresMySquishy!
What's it like though?

Antipasto... hmm... It's a weird name!
Highlighted

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx For lunches I often try and make a wrap or salad, they're healthy and filling. Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hey @keezeik
We are definitely most alike! I have salads and wraps for lunches to!

What do you like to put into your wraps and salads? I put in spinach, chicken roll or ham, cucumber, tomato, cheese, and sometimes guacamole.
Highlighted

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx! Cool thread idea! I’ve just been having a look and I found two meal plan templates (attached below) that you might find useful! They also come with a grocery list Smiley Happy 

as for health recipes, I absolutely love butter chicken! I also find rice paper rolls, home made sausage rolls, fried rice, vegetable soup, any stir fry, sushi and so many more yummy options that are healthy as well. If you’re interested in any of these I’m happy to find you a recipe or you can just google one, up to you Smiley Very Happy 

66224307-BA89-4F3C-9453-F4E37210487D.jpeg

D1F46AF9-4F27-43A9-8BCB-CDD78E26B9CB.jpeg

Highlighted

Awesome @Bananatime04!

I’ll have to use those, and you found them in my favourite colour too! How did you know? Smiley Happy

I also love butter chicken, stir fry, fried rice, and homemade rice paper rolls, but I also love chicken Korma! It’s all so good!
Thank you for those ideas!

But I never liked sushi, sausage rolls or soup... I’m weird! Smiley Happy
Highlighted

No problem @xXLexi_Lou122Xx! Smiley Happy
Oh it’s just skill Smiley Tongue na it’s my favourite colour too so they stood out to me!
Glad you like some of the ideas! I’m not a huge fan of sushi either but I thought I would offer
Highlighted

That's pretty good! We are more alike than we think!

That's fair enough. I would do the same if others liked it too.
Highlighted

Butter chicken is AMAZING @Bananatime04!

I recently started making my own poke bowls- tons of great nutritional and filling things in there! Here is some examples: https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/10/08/how-to-make-your-own-poke-bowl_a_23236684/

I used:

• Brown rice
  • Wombok 
  • Cabbage
  • Lettuce
  • Baby Spinach
  • Nuts (Walnuts, almonds and pine nuts)
  • Pumpkin seeds
  • Avocado
  • Pomegranate  
  • Mango
  • Chicken
  • Capsicum
  • Cumcumber
  • Carrot
  • Rocket

It was a beautiful rainbow, all the ingredients lasted me a week (so tons of great mixes and matches of the ingredient above)! So so yummy and filling Heart Best thing is, you can mix anything that you like! 

Check out our community activities calendar here