cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! My bf lets me explore my sexuality with women but the girl im seeing thinks we broke up

So I told my bf, who i have been with for 3 years now, that I have been questionung me sexuality for a long time now. I always knew I wasnt straight. I stumbled upon an old friend. She’s gay and I know that. Somehow we got to talking and I really liked it. I told my bf about it right away and he was fine with it. He knows i love him and that he sees the as something that’ll happen, whether its now or in 10 years from now. It wont make a difference to his feelings towards me and my feelings towards him. 

So here’s the problem:

Last night, she texted me and we were talking about some serious stuff. Then she suddenly said that she was already liked me when i was with my “ex boyfriend”. She thinks we broke up. 

I get why she would think that becaus im not the kind of person to have my relationship on social media so there is nothing on there where she could see that i was still in that relationship. I kind of played off the subject and went along. 

My bf thinks i should tell her that it wont work out between her and I. 

I kinda want to tell her the trueth but she’ll find me disgusting... im sure. 

But then she’ll be right because its not fair to her. I dont want to make her feel like she is used for my exploration. But there is a connection there. My bf is also open to and open relationship but she’ll never agree on that. 

I cant be the only one that has been in this type of situation. Please help me!

Re: Help! My bf lets me explore my sexuality with women but the girl im seeing thinks we broke up

Hey @123654. I haven't been in this situation, but...
I would personally, tell her the truth, but only do what's comfortable for you. Again, I haven't been in this situation before, but I'm willing to help on any way possible. Sending hugs. Smiley Happy
//You arestrong, You are beautiful, You are enough//

Re: Help! My bf lets me explore my sexuality with women but the girl im seeing thinks we broke up

Hey @123654 

Thanks for joining ReachOut. It sounds like you're in a pickle. I think it is best to be honest with this girl that you are seeing. I think being transparent with your situation is good so that everybody is on the same page and nobody gets hurt. 

Also, I will be sending you an email shortly so please keep an eye out for it Cat Happy