cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping Out a Friend

What do you do to comfort a friend? Recently my besfriend's grandfather passed away. It was one of those situations where there wasn't anything I could do to change the situation, I could only try to make her feel better.

How do you cheer up your friends? My method involves a lot of time and attention given for them to talk/cry/hug/etc. Plus - a LOT of cheering up baking for them Smiley Happy

Re: Helping Out a Friend

Oh Florenceforever,

If you're into cheer-up-baking we can be friends!

The best way I know how to help my bestie when she's going through a tough time is to call or text randomly to let her know I'm thinking of her. And I really amp up my jokes, (if it's appropriate and timely) to bring her a smile on a down day. Bad jokes go a long way! Like this one, "Two fish were swimming along. One swam into a wall. Damn." heheheee.

PS. Have you been to Florence? I loved it there, found the best little restaurant and really enjoyed climbing to the top of the Duomo! #takemeback

It's often the little things that mean the most.. little surprises like a card in the mail or some cupcakes or text messages. And also letting them know that you're there for them. Sometimes distraction is good - going to the movies with them or whatever.

Highlighted

We can definitely be friends! Yes, I've just returned from Italy, where we stayed in Florence and Venice - as well as five other countries! And I adore Florence and the Machine! Smiley Happy