Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Helping others, helping us

Hi All thanks for this, hope to find some solutions here..Take care J 

Highlighted

Re: Helping others, helping us

All the best Jean, hope you find what youa re looking for! Lot's of people here to listen if you want to ask anything specific! Smiley Happy

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

Hi Sophie O thank you I need to chat sometime - I have tried to phone but the line councillors are so busy and my need can wait

But it would help to talk reasonably soon. I do have to buy food in the next few days and i live in an isolted spot so maybe by the endof the week ?? Can I make an appointment? Cheers J 

Highlighted

Hey @Liberty Jean 

Welcome to R.O!

Like @Sophie-RO has said, we hope that you find what you're looking for here on the forums Smiley Happy We're here to hear you out. 

Some helplines or organisations, like Lifeline and eheadspace,  also have webchat available at specific hours that you can access. However, you'd like to make an appointment with a counsellor or a psychologist - you can visit your local GP for a referral. You could also visit or ring your local headspace centre to make an appointment too. 

Hope this helps and let us know how you go

Hey @Liberty Jean we don't offer one-on-one counselling here on Reach Out, but @Myvo had some great links for places that do! If you just want to air out your mind and get some support from others, feel free to start a thread over on the Tough Times boards. We're always here to listen and offer encouragement.

Highlighted

Thank you all thats great  -  wishing you all well too JSmiley Happy

Highlighted

Hey @Liberty Jean - here at ReachOut.com we're a purely online service for 14 to 25 year olds. If you need to to chat to someone and you are outside this age range can I suggest that you try SANE Australia? They have forums here and a helpline that you can find out more about here or call 1800 18 7263.

It could also be a good idea to make an appointment with a GP, but you did mention that you are in a remote area so SANE could be a good option.

All the best

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

Sorry my mistake usually I check these things - how do I become extinct Thanks  J 

Highlighted

@Liberty Jean Whoa, extinct? It's all good! We learn new things everyday Smiley Happy No one's going to be mad if you didn't know about these services out there! 

Hey @Liberty Jean - did you give SANE a go? I understand how tricky it can be to find the right support, so please don't apologise! I just want to make sure you get the help that is right for you (the last thing I would want to is put you off reaching out for help).

Hope you gave SANE a go.

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com