Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hey Everyone, i am back :)

thanks @letitgo  we have a dbt thread that can be found here    

your more than welcome to join in 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

thanks @Bee@DruidChild 

it wa a good plan, not thinking so much now. 

By that do you mean that you're not thinking so much about the plan? Or that you don't feel it's been continuing to work? How do you feel about that @scared01?

i start off ok, but this was a downfall a few months ago- too many appointments and work  and not enough time for anything else @DruidChild so i need to see how it goes. even looking at next week- i have the second job 3 days a week, babysitting 4 days a week, caring 24/7, and 4 appointments to attend so its still alot. i need to find a balance properly between my own self care and taking care of everything else. this weekend has already started to get to me, and added a crack here and there no just need to pay attention and not let myself slip backwards again

Highlighted

Sounds like you've already taken the first step towards halting that downhill spiral - you've recognised what's happening, linked it in to a pattern, and you're working on making sure that pattern doesn't continue. That's pretty amazing tbh! 

I hear you on too much stuff going on making making things difficult. Have you considered talking to centrelink about payments that you could get, since you're a carer and have mental health issues? Getting a payment might mean you don't have to work so much. 

ive had lots of practice @DruidChild it hasnt always been like this (being able to recognise things and hopefully prevent them in the process) 

im already on a carers payment however im allowed to work to a certain amount of hrs and because i want to study in a few months, the increase in being able to speak to a psychologist is all added expenses and even though its only around an extra $100 that i get a week its still more than i had and am able to save more too. if i meantion mental health records they are entitlted to look up my medical records because it concerns the caree and their safety meaning they will see my previous attempts and addmissions and may not allow me to be the carer of someone else and in turn basically skrews up any chance i have of doing anything within that profession including nursing 

Practice makes perfect right @scared01 Smiley Happy 

Ah I see - that makes sense. It's so infuriating that people think that having mental health problems makes you unable to care for others Smiley Sad 

exactly @DruidChild nothing in this life ever comes easy

and yes unfortunatley my decisions not only affect me so i need to be careful. i worry all the time that would happen, i have to always be the person whose coping esp on the outside to others and who im around. however what is on my side is the legal system. unless they have an extremely good reason like a police report then they dont really have the right to go into my medical files and they arent allowed to read the,, my gp has to speak to them and then itll be a case of workcover and getting assessed for work and things like that as well. its all very complicated!

I agree @scared01, most things take a lot of commitment and dedication. 

It sounds like you're working really hard to stay on top of things and take care of, not just yourself, but your family as well! I can tell that you're a very strong and very caring person. 

abit too hard i think @DruidChild 

i get frustrated very easily and snappy sometimes esp with my pop as he becomes extremely annoying in his habits