cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hey

Is being single better because some of my friends have girlfriends and I just feel lonely. I know that you can talk to friends but it’s hard to talk about how I’m feeling, especially when you are a teenager. 

Hi @aebarrie12,

Great question about relationships- I think it is a really individual experience and comes down to how you feel and whether you have met someone you want to share a relationship with. Feeling lonely is tough- but whether you are single or in a relationship, I agree that talking about feelings can be really hard sometimes, and finding the right person to listen can make a big difference. Is there anyone in your life that you feel you can talk to when you are feeling lonely? Is there someone who you trust to listen to how you feel?

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

Well my family and some of my friends, but it hard to have a surreal conversation with a teenager

Sent from my iPhone

Hi @aebarrie12
Popping on here to see how you are going
You would like to have a surreal conversation with a teenager is that right? Do you mind going into further detail for me Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hey @aebarrie12, this is a really interesting question and one I have recently been thinking about too. I am sorry to hear you are feeling lonely. Can you identify why you find it hard talking to your friends? Do you feel like you could chat with your parents or another adult you trust? 

I don't think one is really better than the other they are different. Being in a relationship can be a really nice experience if the relationship is supportive and you both enjoy spending time together and sharing your experiences. We can also still feel lonely even when we are in a relationship.

I think there is something really great about being single, you can focus on yourself, your dreams and goals and you get to know yourself. Its so important to be our own best friend! That way when some amazing person enters our life we are in a really good place ourselves to start a relationship with them. 

Looking forward to chatting more about this soon Smiley Happy 

Well , sometimes I just feel lonely and I feel bad that I don’t have a girlfriend but at the same time I feel good that I’m single, but I guess I feel like a need a companion. I think it might be jealously idk . 

Feelings can be hard to understand or articulate sometimes, and I think you're doing really well to try to put them into words for us @aebarrie12 Smiley Happy

I sometimes feel a similar need to find a romantic companion, even though I am generally happy as I am, being single. Do you think it might have something to do with seeing lots of friends in relationships and comparing your situation with theirs?

If so, what are some strategies you could use to address that, do you reckon? Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Hey there @aebarrie12

It can be difficult to know what other people are thinking about us, I'm sure it's a feeling a lot of our users can relate to. It might be helpful to turn this question into a new thread, so that other users are able to see it and will be able to offer their advice, what do you think? 

If by the end of the day, you haven't made a thread, I'd be happy to move the question over to a new thread for you Smiley Happy

-----

I am finishing with ReachOut this week, say good-bye here. I'll miss you all!

Ok

Sent from my iPhone

Here is the new thread @aebarrie12 Smiley Happy 

-----

I am finishing with ReachOut this week, say good-bye here. I'll miss you all!