cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: High School Student Support Squad!

Bumping up this thread in anticipation of our chat about Year 12 exams next Monday!

I’m at the end of grade 10 this year- going to a different school for 11/12 and just want to say that I really struggle sometimes. Not necessarily academically, but with time management and stress, and I have so many commitments that I’m constantly burning myself out to the point I have to stay home sick because I make myself ill from all my extra-curricula activities plus school

Hey @Tink28 definitely understandable to hear you need some sick days with all that is going on, you probably need rest with all the activity fatigue Heart Is there anyone that can support you in easing up your schedule a bit? Anyone who can help you figure out how to manage it? Let us know.

@Tink28 high school can be exhausting at the best of times, let alone when there's a build up of stress!

What sort of things normally help you relax and take care of yourself? Heart

People that I ask usually tell  me that I need to stop doing at least one thing, but they don't really get that that's not much of an option.

@Tink28 Sometimes we don't have the choice to cut down on the things we do hey.. that can be really challenging. 

@lokifish asked a great question about what you usually do to relax/ take care of yourself  - is there anything you can be doing to help cope? 

Highlighted

I don't usually have a lot of spare time, but when I do, I listen to music or watch movies, or occasionally spoil myself with a  DIY pedicure pretty much

Those sound like awesome self-care things @Tink28 Smiley Happy I totally understand not wanting to quit any extra curriculurs (how do spell???)
How is your day been?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Today has been good, thanks! Got to score/referee junior cricket this morning instead of maths, which took some stress off, and looking forward to my Sweet 16 party tomorrow which will be a welcome break before the term gets absolutely insane- I have dance dress rehearsals all next weekend and I'm in more than half the total dances for two concerts- 44 dances all up!!

Nice! Smiley Very Happy
Good luck with everything, I'm sure you'll nail it Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!