cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: High School Student Support Squad!

Hello to all our forums high school students!

Coming into the end of the second term, we want to say a big well done! This time of the year things can start to feel pretty tiring, and we have got some activities planned for the forums in the holidays to help unwind and build in self care! (A calendar is coming soon so you can see what discussions are happening and when!)

Would love to hear how the last semester went for you, and how you are planning to spend your school holidays?

We are here to chat if you need it Heart

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

Hey there @Jess1-RO, and everyone else here too.
I don't really want to go on Holidays, as I prefer to be away from home where I can be what I want to be.

But I guess it will be good, as even I need a break sometimes.
I'm hoping to go and be a junior leader for a church camp in the first week, but that's still being considered. I also think that there's a workshop that I'm going to, but I don't actually know about that one either. And finally, I have a big and intense 2 days of running the musical I'm doing on the Friday and Saturday of the last week of holidays. It's going to be a big couple of days, and I don't think I can stay calm and composed under the pressure of looking after myself and doing the show. But I'll try.
I've also been struggling with feeling empty and wanting someone to hold on to. Those feelings are making it harder to cope with the last few days of school.

Anyways,
I can't wait to see the calendar for those activities!

How has everyone else's school semester been?

//Nothing is impossible. The word itself says "I'm Possible"//

Good luck @xXLexi_Lou122Xx with everything going on for you on the holidays! I'm sure the musical will be excellent; what musical are you doing? (big musical theatre fan over here)

I've had a pretty big semester this year- our schools production of wicked took up a large chunk of time (I guess it was good to distract me for a bit)

Right now, I'm currently in the process of picking my year 10 subjects for next year which I'm kinda scared about actually. I don't know what the workload is like and if I can handle two VCE subjects early arrgh and then which ones to do

I'm interested to hear about how everyone else's school year has been so far and what everyone is plannin for the holidays and next semester?

Bring It On is the production I'm doing, @not-an-otter.
That's cool that we're both doing a musical production. I was going to do wicked, but my director thought it was too big of a show, and we don't have a way of making our cast fly.

I'm not looking forward to science in term 4... We have to do reproduction, and we'll be dissecting a uterus... I'm gonna pass out and I have a weird stomach. Oh well.

Good luck with picking your year 10 subjects. I'm only in year 8, so I'm not quite there yet.
Highlighted

Bumping up this thread for those of you in high school! Smiley Happy

It's getting towards the busy end of the school year... how's everyone coping?