cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to quit a job?

Thanks LUTW!

Glad everything worked out for you Georgie! Will have to remember these tips for the future (not that I'm even working at the moment - but anyway! Smiley Tongue)

Hi G. 

If you're sure you want to quit because you've enjoyed the experience and learned a few things along the way and now want to move on I think it's a positive experience. Kind of like a new chapter - not the last.

I recently had to do something similar as well and it worked out well. I was heaps nervous as well because it was my first job but I knew it was the right decision. I work in retail if that's anything similar to hospitality. One thing you could do is start the conversation by telling your manager about the learning experience and how you've grown since you started. And/or let them know that you think it's time to explore other things. That was similar to how I approached my situation and my manager was more than supportive. 

All the best ! And enjoy your holiday !

Woops ! Didn't read all the posts before I posted.

I'm glad everything turned out well. 

I didn't realise how sensitive leaving a job or moving between jobs could be until I experienced it myself.

Once everything is resolved though I love how the nerves go away.

Just come to your boss and tell it at once!) May be he'll offer you a better salary Smiley Wink

[url=http://wmvtomp4converter.org/]how to convert wmv to mp4[/url]

Just be honest. I quit my last job in a similar situation and I was so glad I was truthful because the boss at that job is now my boss at my new job - what are the chances? It's a small world so don't assume you won't see them again Smiley Happy

wow, Melissa - you definitely made the right decision then! Smiley Happy
honesty is usually the best policy, and easiest too.

@ melissa 

what were the chances !!! a scary small world. ill take that on board when i resign from work - don't assume you won't see your former boss again