cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Husband unfaithful, I am numb.

I found out that my husband went to a brothel a few weeks ago. I have felt emotionally numb ever since. I don't understand why I'm not angry or crying. My husband works away for weeks at a time so I haven't been able to talk face to face and he won't be home till Xmas. I haven't made any decisions about what to do because I don't have any emotion (I hope that makes sense). He has apologised profusely and said he did it because I haven't been interested in sex for years (true) and he thought I didn't love him anymore (which I do but have not been showing it for a long time). Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Re: Husband unfaithful, I am numb.

Hey there @Trixiebelle, thanks for reaching out and sharing what's going on for you and your husband - sounds really complex, and a confusing situation to be processing.

I'm wondering if you've ever considered seeing someone to talk about the relationship - either for yourself, or for both of you together. 

Having a professional there to talk through some of these issues may be really helpful? 

I'm going to send you an email to the address you signed up with - keep an eye out for it Heart

hi @Trixiebelle and welcome

i havent had this happen but i can imagine it would be pretty shocking and hurtful and have lots of questions, speaking to a professional may be a good idea or even relationships australia on heir hotline to get some advice.

You say you havent been interested in sex, perhaps you could try to rekindle some of that desire by trying new things in that department or even just trying to be intimate once a week or once a fortnight
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Thankyou both for responding. I'm seeing a professional next Monday. I think talking about it will help a lot.

Hi @Trixiebelle, welcome to RO. I’m really sorry to hear about what’s happened. I think seeing a professional is a great idea, and I hope it’s helpful for you. ❤️